Chapter 20: Wild

Take a piece of my heart
And make it all your own
So when we are apart
You'll never be alone

* * * *

That Night

Malia's POV
7:35pm

I threw down my apron and grabbed my phone, walking out the back to get some fresh air. I was finally on my break and boy did I need it.

Adam was my co-bartender tonight and it was so awkward. I couldn't even look at him for longer than 20 seconds. He'd try and make conversation but I'd just ignore him and tend to a customer.

I took a seat on the stool we had placed outside, making sure to place the brick between the door so it couldn't close completely.

I took a deep breath as I pressed the home button on my phone, rubbing my tired eyes. My lock screen that's usually a picture of Nate and I was filled with missed calls from both him and John along with tons of texts.

Swazz:
Malia it's an emergency please call me as soon as you get this

Swazz:
Nate won't rest until he speaks to you

Nate:
Baby-girl I need to talk to you ASAP

Nate:
Call me before you look at any social media apps

That was just a few out of the 50 texts I've received. I didn't know what the hell happened but I was extremely nervous.

As fast as possible, I unlocked my phone with my thumbprint and called Swazz back since he was the last one to call me. I bit my thumb nail while bouncing my leg, waiting anxiously for him to answer.

"Malia!" He exclaimed as he answered,

"Yeah, what the hell happened? What's going on?" I rushed my words, feeling slightly panic.

John sucked his teeth, "Man the security at Webster hall was buggin', they fought all of us on stage and even fought some fans!" He briefly explained.

My eyes widen, "Woah woah woah wait!" I hopped up from the stool, "You guys were beaten by the fucking security?"

"Yeah, we-"

"Where the hell are you guys? Are you alright? Is Nate okay? Are you guys seriously hurt? Oh my god!" I panicked, gripping the root of my hair as I paced.

"Malia, Malia, calm down," his voice was soft but stern, "Nate's fine, I'm fine, we're just a little banged up but we're alive. I'm on the bus right now, Nate's out speaking to some fans since the concert got cancelled."

"What started all this?"

"Derek got into it with some of the people in StarCommand management about money I'm guessing, then got on stage and got the fans to chat "fuck star command" and then the security guard came on stage and tried to get Derek off the stage and they got into it." He started, "Nate finally got on stage and apparently there was a fight between fans in the back so Webster hall decided they wanted to shut down the show. Nate wasn't having it because he only performed like two songs."