Chapter 16

Another school year passes, and Cissy and Sev are the only Slytherin friends I have left. Regulus is marrying Adrien in a few months, and I'm not gonna lie. I miss him. My mind always floats back to the conversation we had after the Christmas ball. He said that Voldemort was coming for me. Is he still gonna come?
    I refused to go to Durmstrang for another year. I just couldn't do it. James has Lily, and they're moving in together soon. Remus, Cissy, and Sev are really everybody who talks to me anymore. 
    One night in October, I was introducing Cissy to horror movies. She has to go home go Lucy around midnight. Yes, he set her a curfew. Despite him being mean to me, he truly cares for Cissy. With the war going on, everyone needs someone to watch out for them.
    Remus and I watch out for each other. He's my best friend. I know he has a crush on me, but I feel like I've been hurt by too many boys, but in reality, only two. Remus and I have our own emergency communication. We have watches that we can type into, and it shows up on the other person's.
     When I go into the bedroom of my apartment that I bought after I graduated, I immediately sense somebody in the room. I haven't turned the light on yet, and it's completely pitch black. I whip out my wand and put my back against the door. To say that the war has sharpened my senses is an understatement.
"Show yourself!" I command. All of a sudden, the lights turn on, and who should stand there but Regulus Black, holding his wand. Panic flashes through his eyes. "Do you trust me?" He asks. A million thoughts flash through my head. He chose Adrien over me. He didn't fight for us. He makes me happy and smile. He was my best friend. "Yes." I reply. Regulus gives a small smile. "Pack a bag. You have five minutes." He says. That sentence takes me by surprise.
"Regulus?" I ask. He turns to me. "Just do it. I'll explain in a few minutes. I look at the boy that I have been best friends with for so many years. He's no longer the boy who pulled me behind the tapestry and kissed me, and I'm no longer the girl that kissed him back. We grew up a lot faster than we should have, but it's too late to change that now. I grab a bag and start throwing clothes into it. Regulus grabs another bag and runs downstairs, saying that he'll be right back. I grab everything in my reach, including some toiletries. After I've grabbed nearly everything I own, which isn't a lot, I run downstairs to see Regulus throwing some canned food into a bag. He turns to me. "Ready?" He asks. I nod. He grabs my hand and turns on the spot, appearating.
I can tell we're outside by the chill that seeps through my jacket. "Regulus Arcturus Black, you had better tell me what's going on right now!" I exclaim. Regulus sighs. "Do you remember that night after the Christmas ball when I told you that they were going to kill us if I didn't fall in love with Adrien?" He asks. I nod. "I tried to convince them, and I thought that I had that night at the pub. I didn't though. I didn't and now they're coming after us Sky. I'm so sorry." Regulus says. A few tears fall from his eyes.
I run over and hug him tightly. "You did everything you could. We'll get through this, okay?" I say. Regulus nods. "Okay." I step back, and Regulus grabs my hand. "Where are we?" I ask. "Whales." Regulus replies. "There aren't many witches and wizards in Whales. We can stay here until we figure out what to do." Regulus says, running a hand through his usually neat hair. "I didn't mean to get you into this. I should've known that I would be forced into this." He says. I grab his other hand. "It is okay. We will get through this." I say. "You're different. Not just mentally either. You used to hate wearing your hair down. You never wore a lot of make up. You always cared about what clothes you were wearing in front of anybody." He says. I shrug. "I've changed Regulus. This war has changed me." I reply. I decide not to tell Regulus about The Order Of The Phoenix, which I am a proud member of. "I take it that you aren't the same boy I once knew either." I say, looking into his beautiful eyes that I could get lost in.
"We'll be okay." He says. "Definitely. Now can we go find a muggle phone so I can call James?" I ask. Regulus nods. "Let's go."