Chapter 22

Even though Regulus's parents died long ago, we still live in the mansion and Regulus still insists that we have a Christmas party every year.
I haven't been feeling well lately, puking every morning. It's not good. Regulus has been taking helping take care of Harry though, like he always does. A week before Christmas, I have an appointment at St. Mungo's. I kiss Regulus goodbye and walk out the door before appearing to St. Mungo's.
I waited for the doctor for quite a while, and finally she comes in. "Mrs. Black, we have concluded from your urine sample that you're pregnant!" She says. My heart explodes with happiness. I've always wanted children, and I know Regulus does too.
I contemplate the week trying to figure out how to tell him, and I decide to after the party on Christmas Eve. I put on a pretty blue dress, not unlike the one I wore to my first Christmas ball.
Around eleven, I haven't seen Reggie for over an hour, so I decide to look for him upstairs. Halfway up the stairs, Kreacher stops me. "Mistress doesn't want to go upstairs." He says. "Mistress Black won't like what she sees." I roll my eyes and tell the house elf to move.
Kreacher was right. When I reach the top step, I see Regulus snogging his former fiancée, Adrien. "Really Regulus? Less than a year married and you're already cheating on me?" I ask angrily. "I'm pregnant by the way, not that you care." I sneer. The Slytherin sneer that Regulus taught me so long ago.
"Sky! I can explain!" Regulus cries. Adrien smiles. "Yeah baby. Go ahead and explain how we've been going behind her back for months." Adrien says. "Reg?" I say, hoping he'll deny it. "We only went out for drinks. We didn't kiss or anything until recently." Regulus says. "That's supposed to make it better!?" I exclaim. "Regulus Black, your parents would be glad of who you've become." I spit. Pure hurt flashes across Regulus's face, but he still doesn't come after me as I stomp away to find someone who actually cares.
I hold in my tears, but Sev, Cissy, and Lucy all know something's wrong. "What is it?" Cissy asks. "Apparently Regulus has been with Adrien for months now." I say, my voice breaking. Cissy, the only one who knows about the baby, makes me sit down so stress doesn't hurt it.
"How could he do this to you?" Cissy asks. I shrug. "We'll kill him." Lucy says, and Sev nods in agreement. Before I can stop them, they're running upstairs. "Why Cissy?" I ask, tears streaming down my face. Before she says anything, Adrien stomps downstairs and towards Cissy and I, where we're sitting on a couch. "It's a shame how Reggie knocked you up and now he's gonna leave you." She says. I can't believe this girl used his nickname. Before I can launch myself at her, Cissy does. She doesn't care that everyone stops to watch the newest Malfoy, besides Draco, her son. She also doesn't care that she's supposed to be a high class member of society. She throws punches at Adrien, screaming about how she's a "homewrecker."
I finally manage to pull her away, right as Sev and Lucy come downstairs. Cissy is bleeding a bit from her nose, and I cast a spell to fix it. Adrien however, is lying on the floor, moaning, which I laugh at. Then Regulus comes downstairs. He sees Adrien lying on the floor, me standing by her, and assumes I did it. Then he slaps me in the face. I'm too in shock to do anything, especially since Regulus has never shown aggression towards me. Finally, I take my wedding ring and throw at him. "I hate your guts. Go tell your mum's painting. I'm sure she'll be proud." I say before walking out. Cissy immediately follows me upstairs, where I go to get clothes and some of Harry's things. When I have everything I need, I walk downstairs to see everyone gone but my friends, Regulus, and Adrien, who clings onto Regulus like a lifeline. "You can have him. You deserve each other." I spit before apperating to Andromeda Tonks's to get Harry.
Cissy says I can stay with her and Lucy, but I don't want to intrude, so I let her take Harry to play with Draco. They're so close. It's adorable. I go to Sev's flat. I've always had my own room there. Since he moved out when he was sixteen.
I go into my old room and see that nothing has changed. My pictures still hang on the walls, my blue bedspread, everything is there. I smile and flop down on my bed, feeling like a child once more.
"What am I going to do Sev?" I ask, thinking about Harry and my baby. I say mine, not ours. Regulus Black should never see this baby.
Months fly by, and Cissy thankfully watches Harry while I work overtime at the ministry. Unfortunately, Regulus also works there.
Finally, I save up enough money to buy my own little house. It's close to Lucy and Cissy's, so Harry and Draco can play often.
Harry is three years old now, and starting to show signs of magic, which excites me.
Remus comes around all the time. More then he did when I was with Regulus. He usually gives me a break, which I'm extremely thankful for. It wouldn't be fair if Harry didn't get to see Harry. Every time Harry sees Remus, he calls out, "Uncle Moony!" Which makes Remus extremely happy. He wants to have children, but he hasn't met anyone yet. I'm sure he will eventually. Regulus tries to contact me several times, but I never open the letters he sends. I don't open my old journal, even though it gets so hot I'm afraid it will burn down my house.
All my friends visit, and they all help me get over the person I once loved. Maybe I still do. They say you never forget your first love. Time to find out.

Don't hate me!