Chapter 18

-----------------18 months later------------------

Harry James Potter. That's what Lily and James decided to name my nephew. It's such a wonderful name for a wonderful boy. I've been to visit around five times. He's already so smart. I was even there for his first word. It was "Mama."
Regulus and I are still on the run from Voldemort. It's less awkward between us now. Well, it's not anywhere close. It all changed on December the eighth: a night I'll remember forever.
"Sky! I'm so tired of you being awkward around me!" Regulus had said. "I'm tired of being on the run!" I had replied. Regulus looked at me, looking utterly broken. "I'm sorry." He had said. "Don't be. We were children. Childhood sweethearts." I said with a joking grin. Regulus did not grin. "What if I said that I didn't want to be just childhood sweethearts?" He said, standing toe to toe with me. "Then I'd have to say I'd be happy." I replied. "Speaking hypothetically of course." Regulus said, leaning closer to me. "Completely." I whispered before he kissed me.
Now Regulus and I were dating yet again. He also had located one of Voldemort's horcruxes. Sitting in a diner in France, we're going over things. "Sky, this is dangerous. You can't go." Reggie says. "I can and will. I'm not letting you go alone." I reply. "If you go, we could both die." Regulus said, looking me in the eyes. "I don't want either of us to die Reggie." I say, looking down into my latte.
"Do you ever think about the future?" Regulus said. I look at him strangely. "Which future? A normal one where I grow up and get married? Or one where I have to fight in the wizarding war?" I ask. "The first one." Regulus answers. I nod. "All the time. I'm afraid I won't get to live it though. That I'll die during this." I say. Regulus nods in agreement. "I'm afraid that I won't get to grow old with the person I love. That person is you Sky. I mean, you know I love you, and I know you love me. I'm rambling, aren't I? Anyway Sky, I know that we may not live through this war, and that we're young, but when this is all over, will you marry me?" Regulus says. My mouth drops open in shock. "Reg....." I trail off.
Reggie's entire face falls when I don't answer. I don't give him a chance to speak before I continue. "I don't want you to do anything you wouldn't do if we weren't in war." I say. Regulus looks up at me, eyes filled with emotions. "I would have done this anyway. I just didn't plan to for a while." He says. I take a deep breath and smile. "Then when this war is over, I'd be honored to be your wife." I say. Reggie breaks out into a grin like a child and kisses me. "I love you Skylar Potter." He says. "I love you too, Regulus Black." I reply.
That night, crawling into bed in a random hotel, Regulus smiles. "Skylar Black. Has a nice ring to it if you ask me." He says, laying down on the bed closest to the door. He insists on taking that one in case a death eater breaks in. "I agree." I say, closing my eyes and falling asleep.
---------------5 1/2 months later---------------
Regulus has put off going to get the horcrux, but tonight we're going. Yup, I made him agree to let me go.
Standing outside of a hotel, Reggie takes my hand, ready to apperate. "Ready?" He asks. "As I'll ever be." I reply.
We land on a rock in the middle of the sea. Slowly, we make our way into a cave. We don't know what we're searching for, but we continue to look anyway. After a while, Regulus finds an inscription. Those who enter must be weaker then when they arrived.
I ponder what that could possibly mean until Reggie takes out a small knife and cuts his hand. "Reggie!" I exclaim. Regulus grimaces. "It's the only way." He grimaces, smearing his blood on the wall.
An opening reveals itself, and Regulus and I walk into it slowly. Then we see a river with another island in the middle. Reggie pulls on a chain, and a boat comes up. We get onto it, and we make our way to the rocky island.
"Something doesn't feel right." I whisper to Reggie shakily. He looks at me worriedly. "I feel it too." He replies.
In the middle of the island is a pedestal with a bowl attached on the top. I walk toward it slowly. "Sky, no." Regulus says. "Shh!" I shush him. I continue towards it, and waft it towards my nose. "Draught of Despair." I say. "Oh no." Reggie says. "I'll drink it." I say bravely. "No. Absolutely no." Regulus says. "I wasn't asking permission." I tell him hotly. "I know. You still aren't doing it." Reggie says.
I pick up the shell looking thing, and scoop up potion with it. "You won't stop me." I say. "Sky, no!" Regulus says. "I love you." I say, and that's the last thing I remember before pain.

(A/N) Sorry for the cliffhanger. Sorta. ;)