Chapter 23

Regulus's POV
What have I done? What did I do? I don't know what came over me! One second I was telling Adrian off for snooping around my house, and the next I was kissing her. Then I was lying to Sky about seeing Adrian for the past few months.
I kicked Adrian out. I don't know what happened, but I know it was her fault. I slapped Sky. Why? She's pregnant! The only two things I've ever wanted and they're gone. How can I get her back?
I put my head my hands and do something a Black should never do; I cry. I sob. I practically hear my heart breaking for the only girl I've ever loved. I know she'll never take me back. I can't stand knowing that she's going to have our baby without me.
Composing myself, I sit down and write Sky a letter in shaky handwriting.
Dear Skylar,
I don't know if you'll ever read this, but I need to try. I love you. I always have and I always will. I don't know what happened. I would've never done anything like that to you. I don't know what was coming out of my mouth. I haven't been seeing Adrian for months. That night was the first time I've seen her in years. I never liked her anyways. I think she used a love potion. I know it'll be hard for you to believe me, but please try. I love you, and I love Harry, and our little unborn baby. We can finally be happy if you'll just forgive me. You're my everything.
Love,
Regulus.

Sky doesn't write back. I didn't really expect her to. A few weeks later, there's a knock on the door. Since I was about to go into work, I'm dressed and neat looking. I look fine, but I'm not.
I open the door, and I'm hit with a force that nearly knocks me down. I look down and see black hair, and hear familiar sobs. Sky. Slowly, I sink down to the floor so that she's sitting on my lap. "I'm sorry." She chokes out. "Shh. You don't have anything to be sorry for. It's my fault." I say. Sky shakes her head. "I love you." She whispers, putting her head into my neck. "I love you too." I reply.
A few weeks later, Sky and Harry have moved back in and everything is like it should be. I work at the ministry on weekdays, while Skylar stays home with Harry and takes care of things there. I told her that we could get a babysitter if she wanted a job, but she likes staying home.
Every evening at five, I apperate home and help Sky with dinner, and then we put Harry to bed and usually just sit in the living room.
Seven months later
Sky is very...... Pregnant. I'm on vacation from work, so I can stay home and take care of her all day. "Reggie. I'm hungrryy." She says. "Do you want some strawberries?" I ask. They're her latest craving even though she's hated them all her life. "I hate strawberries! Don't you know me at all?" She asks, and then starts crying. "Shh. Of course you don't like them. I was just wondering because you ate some yesterday." I tell her. "But that was yesterday!" Sky says, distressed. "Now I want olives!" We both hate olives. "Okay. I'm going to get you olives right now." I say. And with messy hair and wrinkled clothes, I walk out the door and to the little grocery store on the block, where I struggle with muggle money. I can't wait until Sky has our baby.