Square One

*Sakura*
               It's been two weeks since my divorce and things are slowly going good for me and the children. I got my job back at the hospital and though I've been gone for so many years I still haven't lost my touch. I work the day shift so I still get to be home with my children. Takumi goes to a daycare that was established right next door to the hospital so I still get to be close to him from time to time.

                I walked into my office to find documents for today's patients. I organized them and set out on my rounds. Going from patient to patient checking their vitals and giving them medication, I guess it's fair to say that today was pretty good day. "Dr. Haruno!" One my nurses shouted running towards me. "What is it Nurse Kumiko?!" She handed me a folder with a patient who needed surgery stat. "They need you on the fifth floor right now!" I nodded my head and took off to the fifth floor. With a ready staff I began the operation. Three and a half hours had passed before it was complete. "Get this patient down to my floor stat as that I can continue checking on him. Also good work everyone, we've managed to save another life." I decided to take a walk to check on Takumi at the daycare.

        "Ah Ms. Haruno it's nice to see you. Are you picking up Takumi for the day?" Mrs. Akane runs the daycare looked pleased to see me, "No I just wanted to check on Takumi if that's ok." She gave a smile and nodded her head. I walked down that hall and saw my little Takumi playing with a set of blocks. It looked like he enjoyed buliding towers and then knocking them down. Walking in I picked him up and kissed his little nose, "Hey my little prince having fun?" Takumi small giggle would always make my day, "M-m-mama, mama." He reached for my hair as I looked at him with amazement. Takumi had just said his first word and I couldn't be more proud. Shortly my thoughts referred to Sasuke. He was there for Daisuke, Sarada, Miyu and Yuuta's first words and steps. However it looked like he would be missing out on Takumi's. I sighed and snapped myself out it and continued to let him play since I had to head back to teh hospital.

      The day had pretty much went on the same and the last thing i had to do was ready my charts for the next day. I picked up Takumi for the day and we drove home. Arriving I saw that my four eldest were already home. Since Daisuke's the oldest I trusted him with a house key of his own. He would be the man of the house right now and took pride in it. Always looking after his younger siblings like an outstanding big brother. "Welcome home mother. How was work?" Daisuke took Takumi from my arms and set him in his play pen. "Work was fine. Did my first operation in years and it was success." I walked into the kitchen to decided what would be for dinner.

    "Hey mama, can we have pizza?" Daisuke stood in the kitchen doorway. I was givng it some thought. "I have a better idea. How about we make our own pizza?" Daisuke gave sly smile and went to get his brothers and sisters.

     With everyone around the table and Takumi in his high chair we each started to make our own pizza. I made the dough and Daisuke rolled it out. Sarada put the sauce one and Miyu and Yuuta sprinkled the cheese one. Together we put on the toppings. There was pepperoni, bacon, tomatoes and spinach on our pizza(actually pretty good by the way). I placed it in the oven and set the timer. With in minutes the timer had gone off and I took the pizza out th oven. The children had finished cleaning off and setting the table. I set the pizza in the middle and cut it into slices. They each took few slices and started to eat.

    "This really good mom."

    "I agree this was really fun."

    "Can we do this more often?"

    "Yeah mother can we?"

        I gave it some thought and idea had come to mind, "I've got an idea. How about every Wednesday will be our pizza night? Sound good to you guys?" They all had wide smiles on their faces before agreeing with the idea of pizza night. We finally had our own little dinner tradition of pizza night. We continued to eat happily as the children told me about their day and for the first time I could really believe that things were going to get better.

     Later in the night after putting the children to bed I sat alone in on my bed. I was so use to having Sasuke sleeping next to me that sometimes it would be hard to fall asleep. I would snap myself out of my thought and remind myself that soon I'll move on just like he did from me. Maybe I'll find someone who will love me. Of course when I'm ready to do so I'll know. I pulled the covers over my body and slowly drifted off to a deep sleep. *Tomorrow is another day.* I always thought to myself before going to bed. Finally sleep had consumed me.