Seeing Red

*Sakura*

                 It's now been months since my divorce and I'm really proud to say that things are going really great for myself and the kids, Daisuke has gotten his driver's permit. Sarada has one of the highest grades in her middle school class. Miyu and Yuuta are well just enjoying life. As for Takumi, since his first words he has already taken his first steps. I've become one of the highly decorated doctors at the hospital. All in all everything seems to be falling into place for me. The only thing is I still wish I had someone. Not just for me but also for my children. Their father hasn't been around to see or talk to them. It's like he doesn't even care anymore.

        I was checking on patient who had broken their arm. Knocking on the door I was told to come in. "Afternoon sir I'm Dr.Haruno and I'll be looking after you for the time being." The patient looked up at with and I taken by his somewhat grayish- brown eyes and dusty red hair. He was indeed a looker. "May I have your name please?" I asked taking a seat next to his hospital bed. "My name is Sasori doctor." I nodded my head and took note. "It looks like you've broken your arm and that we'll have to cast it for a few months." His eyes grew wide with what I had said. It's not like it was life threatening; he would just have to function with limited mobility. "Will I still have to be here?" I placed my clipboard on the near by table, "No once I cast your arm you'll be free to go." I saw that he looked somewhat content with my answer and gave me permission to proceed with the casting.

          The casting had been completed and I sent him on his way with a prescription for some painkillers. My day from then on were simply checking in on the previous patients that I had been assigned to before ending my shift.

         Coming home from work along with Takumi from daycare I was embraced by my four eldest children. The kids had finished their homework and decided to watch a movie while I prepared dinner. Dinner consisted of chicken breast that I marinated for 24 hours, broccoli and a garlic pasta shells as a side dish(made this several times). After finishing I called the children for dinner and we sat and enjoyed our family dinner. Before heading off to bed I stopped in Daisuke's room seeing that he was still up since his light was on. "What are you do up?" I asked him as I stood in the doorway. Daisuke had looked up from what he was doing to answer me, "Sorry mom I was just going over my driver's manual." I smiled and walked over to him. "You're going to do just fine I know it." Daisuke put his book down and sighed lightly.

     "Hey mom do you think you'll move on from dad?" His question had caught be surprised but never the less I did give him an answer. "I think it'll be hard because I do love your father though he fell out of love with me. However I do believe I will move on." My mind had suddenly thought of Sasori. "I still think dad is an idiot for letting you go but I just want you to be happy." I pecked his forehead. "I know but right know you and your brothers and sisters are my happiness. Now get to sleep." Daisuke got under his covers and I turned his light out as I exited the room. Sitting on my bed I was started thinking to myself if I could really move on from Sasuke. I shook my head to get him out of my head and let my sleep take over.

        *NEXT DAY* 

                    "Alright Takumi you have a good day and I'll pick you up later." Takumi smiled as I dropped him off at his daycare and went to work. 

             After greeting all of my colleagues I made my way to my office. Once inside I was astonished at what waited for me inside. There sitting on my desk were a vase of deep red roses. Only one person knew that I loved deep red roses but sadly I knew it couldn't be from him. After sitting my things down next to them I had noticed a card among the beautiful roses.

            "For the beautiful Dr. Haruno for healing my broken bones. You must also possess a beautiful heart that matches the beauty on the outside. Hope to see you again. -Sasori"

         The roses were from Sasori. I felt blush form on my cheeks as I smiled. A knock had sounded upon my office door. "Come in." The door opened and in walked the person I was kinda hoping would come today..Sasori. His arm in his cast he walked over and took a seat in one of the chairs that were in my office.

        "I hope I'm not disturbing you Dr. Haruno." Slight blush had come across his cheeks. Shaking my head I responded, "No actually I had just got in and thank you for the roses they're my favorite." Sasori looked surprised and smiled. "Really? I kinda went on a limb when I picked them but I guess I should've known. Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl." There was a kinda awkward silence between us but both of us were blushing. I going to say something but Sasori had beaten me to the punch. "I'm not sure if I should do this but...would you by any chance mind going out with me?" I was completely  taken back by his words. I was being asked out and for the first time since my divorce. I had given it some thought and gave my decision. "Umm sure I would love to." Sasori gave me a smile once again, "That's great, umm I'll pick you up tomorrow at 7pm. Is that ok?" I nodded my head in agreement and Sasori happily left my office.

        I tried my best to contain my excitement before starting my shift. Looks like everything is going to go well after all. As i keep saying tomorrow is a new day.