Chapter 2

<Annie's pov>
Hayley is getting so good at gymnastics!! She just got her back handspring on the ground today so her form is obviously not perfect. Being a perfectionist, I go over and help her. I completely focused on perfecting her skill that I forget everything else around me. After a few minutes, she's getting closer! "Come on guys, time for pizza! Let's go!" Mommy yells from the deck.
<Brennan's pov>
I'm standing out back with the girls and they're trying to perfect Hayley's back handspring. I watch Annie and how good she is with coaching. She just has a way of explaining things perfectly and gives amazing tips. Not to mention how good she looks doing it. "Come on guys, time for pizza! Let's go!" Miss Katie yelled from the deck. "Coming!" I yelled back. She turned to go back inside. "YAYYY PIZZA!!" Hayley screamed and ran up the deck and inside. I grabbed Annie's hand and we reached the top of the deck until we untangled our hands. We all hopped into the car and I sat in the front and Annie sat in the way back. I grabbed my phone and texted her.
<Annie's pov>
I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and see Brennan look back at me. I smile at him and take out my phone. "Hey❤️" it reads. I reply with the same thing which leads to a conversation through the whole car ride. I was nervous that Katie was going to see but she was taking to Ryan and Hayley. We finally reach the pizza place and head inside, Brennan and I falling behind the crowd.
<Brennan's pov>
Annie and I fall behind everyone going into the pizza place. "Wanna take a selfie?" I ask kinda awkwardly. "Sure!" she replies. I pull out my phone and snap the picture. "That looks great!" she says. I send it to her and we both post in on insta. My caption is, 'who doesn't love pizza?🍕'. Hers reads, 'pizza nighttt🍕😜'. Immediately, I see reposts and the hashtag #brannie trending again, and this time it's real. Too bad no one knows it. We head inside and Annie sits down. I look at the table and see the only spot is next to Annie. "Cmon Caleb, you didn't save me a seat?" I asked playfully, pushing him and laughing. "Sorry, get on my level mate" he replied putting up the peace sign. We all laughed. I sat down next to Annie and grabbed her hand under the table so no one could see.
<Liv's pov>
I was scrolling through Instagram, like I always do, when I came across the hashtag #brannie and a picture of Brennan and Annie all over every fanpage. I tell myself it's not real but then I really look at the picture. They're both laughing and it looks like they're having a great time. There's one part that catches my eye. You can see at the very bottom that their hands are very close together but it cuts off where they would be intertwined. I've liked Brennan for as long as I can remember and now this photo shows that he likes Annie and Annie likes him. I can't believe it. I've tried forever to get him to like me and it's obviously failed miserably. What did I do wrong?
<Brennan's pov>
My phone buzzed in my pocket so I took it out and found myself looking at a text from Liv. 'Hey Brennan! Are you doing anything later?' I honestly didn't know what to respond with. "Brennan, no phones at the table" my mom scolded. "O-okay" I stuttered. Annie looked at me concerned. "You okay?" she asked. "I'll tell you later" I smiled. "Okay" she smiled back. We have a great time throughout the whole meal and we head to the ice cream place. I sit next to Annie again but also next to Caleb so it doesn't seem like something's going on between us. "Oh my gosh! Hi!" I hear a woman say. It sounds a lot like Liv's mom... Oh no.
<Annie's pov>
Liv walked in and they came up to us. "Oh my gosh! Hi!" her mom said. Liv glared at me and then smiled at Brennan. He just awkwardly smiled back. What did I ever do to.... oh no. That picture! But why would that do anything to her? Does she like Brennan? This relationship just got a whole lot harder. I need to talk to Brennan. 'Meet me at the back in 2' I texted him. He looked down at his phone then at me. He slightly nodded his head and gave me a smile. I smiled back. I stood up and walked to the back where no one was sitting. Brennan was close behind me. "What's up?" he asked. "We need to talk Brennan" I said.
<Liv's pov>
I saw Annie and Brennan walk in the same direction, just at different times. I ran to the bathrooms and hid in a stall. I knew Brennan could never like me. Of course he likes Annie, she's perfect. They grew up together. Ugh, why do I have to like him? I'm so mad at myself, and Annie. For once I just want things to go my way. "Liv, are you in there?" Annie.
<Annie's pov>
I saw Liv run past me and Brennan into the bathroom. I looked at Brennan. He nodded. "You should go help her. I don't want to be the one who comes between your friendship." he smiled. Thank you Brennan, you're amazing." I said kissing his cheek. I as walk to the bathrooms, I can see Brennan holding his cheek where I kissed and smiling. Man I love that boy. I walk into the bathroom and hear crying, it must be Liv. "Liv, are you in there?" I ask. "Go away. Haven't you already done enough?!" she almost yelled. "Liv, we've been best friends forever, you can tell me what's wrong." "NO I CANT, YOU DONT GET IT!" she screamed. "What's wrong?" I said camly. "I'm in love with Brennan okay? But that will never happen thanks to you." she cries. "Liv I'm..." I don't know what to say. "Liv please come out." I hear her sniffle and open the door. We just look at each other until she jumps into my arms and cries. "What did I do wrong that you did right? I'm so sorry Annie, boys can do such stupid things to your brain. Please don't let this get in the way of our friendship. I can't loose you" she says as she's crying. "I can't loose you either Liv. Does this mean you're okay with me and Brennan or...?" I ask. She pauses. "Yes, I'm good. As long as you're not all 'lovey dovey' in front of me" she laughs. "Deal" I say laughing along. "Love you Liv" I say, hugging her. "Love you too Annie"