Chapter 11

Annie's pov
I run out of the room only to be wrapped up in someone's arms. I look up to find Caleb. My eyes were filled with tears but I managed to get out a few words as I was crying. "Y-you h-heard that?" I choked out. He said nothing, just pulled my head into his chest and I cried. I realize Brennan still hasn't come back after me which makes me cry harder. Caleb rubs my back and kisses my head. He guides me to the living room where we sit down on the couch. As I'm still crying, I say to him, "What hurts the most isn't that he didn't pull away, it the fact that he didn't come back after me, does he love Liv?" Caleb shakes his head. "Of course not Annie, I've seen the way he looks at you. He loves you. Liv is probably holding him back there" he says. I nod and sniffle. "O-okay" I reply. Just then I hear footsteps. I turn around to see Brennan coming upstairs with no expression on his face. He sits down on the other couch and sighs. "I need to talk to you Annie" he says without making eye contact. "Um, sure" I say. Caleb stands to leave but whispers in my ear, "I'll be in the kitchen if you need anything" I nod. As soon as Caleb is out of the room, Brennan begins to speak. "The reason I didn't come after you is because I got a text from Arden" he says quietly. How could a text from Arden keep him back. "Liv left ages ago, I was just down in Caleb's room, texting Arden. I've realized I made a mistake. I'm very sorry Annie, but we have to break up. I do still love you but my feelings for Arden have grown. Uh, bye I guess" he gets up and walks out the door. I'm speechless. He wasn't forced this time, this happened on its own. Brennan is done with me, forever. I fall to the ground and cry harder than ever before. I can't believe that just happened. My body curls into a ball and I feel extremely cold. I feel arms wrap around me and I look up to Caleb. This is the last thing I see before I black out.
Caleb's pov
OH MY GOD! Brennan just completely broke Annie's heart, just like he promised not to! I can't believe that just happened. I took Annie into her room and I realized she passed out. I run into the kitchen and grab a glass of water. I splash some on her face, waking her up. I then hand her the glass. As she drinks it's silent. I think she's forgotten what just happened when she see where she is, everything comes back to her and she starts to cry again. I sit on the bed and wrap my arms around her as she cries into my chest. Brennan couldn't have just down that out of the blue. I saw the way he looked at her, that was true love. It seemed so convincing. How could he like Arden?! He never even talks to her, when did he get her number? Somethings up, I'm going to find out what it is. I pull out my phone and text Katie. 'Come over ASAP please, it's very important♡' I hit send. I realize that Annie's crying has slowed down and she's going to sleep. I gently place her head on her pillow and kiss her forehead. Pour Annie, I can't imagine what she's going through. I hear the doorbell ring. It must be Katie. I run to the door to reveal my girlfriend. "Hey babe" I say, pecking her lips. "Hey. So what's wrong?" she asks, stepping inside. I sigh. "Your brother broke Annie's heart out of nowhere. Since when did he like Arden?" I say to her. "Wait, Brennan likes Arden?!" she asks confused. We sit down and I tell her the whole story. "That JERK! That's not the Brennan I know! He actually said that?!" she said, clearly upset. "Yeah, I don't know what to do. Annie is so heartbroken" I run my fingers through my hair and plop back onto the couch. "I can go home and talk to him. He's come to me for advice before, I can get him to talk" she says. "Thank you so much, I can't stand seeing Annie like this. But seriously, what got into him?" I ask. "I don't know. I'll text you after I talk to him. Bye babe" she says, kissing me. "Bye, good luck" I say smiling.
Katie's pov
I get home and go to Brennan's room. I knock on the door and walk in. Surprisingly, it's not locked. The first thing I see is a very teary eyed Brennan. He looks like he's been crying for ages. As soon as he sees me, he turns away. "What do you want?" he mumbles. "I want to talk" I respond. "There's nothing for us to talk about" he says looking down. "Yes there is. What the heck happened with Annie today? You always told me how much you loved her! You had your whole future planned out! And then you start liking Arden?! What happened?" I ask him. There is a long pause before he responds. "I had a change of heart I guess" he says quietly. "No way! Brennan I k ow how much you love Annie! What happened today?!" I say, very annoyed. "Look, I can't tell anyone okay?! I'm just protecting Annie!" he said, trying to end the conversation. "Protect her? You broke her heart! How is that protecting her?" I scream at him. "You don't understand! You weren't there! You don't know what this feels like Katie! You're right, I love Annie more than anything, I can't live without her! That's why I'm doing this! This only has to last for 2 months okay?! I just can't tell Annie or she'll pay the price for MY mistake. I take let that happen! I love her more than anything in the universe, it's why I'm 'dating' Arden. It's not my fault!!" he screams, throwing pillows around the room. He face plants onto his bed and starts crying. I've never seen him like this. "Brennan, you're right, I don't understand. So help me. What happened?" I ask gently. He takes a deep breath and sits up. "Fine, but you have to swear you won't tell Annie" he says. "Okay" I respond. He tells me everything. Apparently Liv forced Brennan to go out with Arden to make everything more believable. If he refused, Liv would literally shut out Brennan and Annie from everything. She would make up new lies everyday about the terrible things that she says they did to her. Even our parents would buy it. This would cause Brennan and Annie to never see each other again. Not only would they not be able to date, everyone would hate Annie and Brennan, getting more fans for Liv. "SERIOUSLY?!" I scream. "How could she do that?! What is wrong with her?!" "I don't know. But I have to do this for 2 months to protect Annie. Liv thinks that these months will be torture for Annie and she'll never talk to me again. But I know Annie. She'll believe me when the 2 months are up. I can't let any of that happen to her" he says calmly. "Look, what if I tell Annie for you?" I suggest. "You can't Katie. She can't know. I know Annie, and if she finds out, she'll try to put a stop to it. But she can't, Liv will ruin our lives. Annie can't know"
Please let me know in the comments if you're enjoying