Chapter 8

Brennan's pov
Annie smiles, placing my dirty dishes in the sink. I walk up to her and place my arms around her waist, resting my head on her left shoulder. "And what might that be?" I ask lightly into her ear. "You'll see" she smiles. She turns around and kisses my nose before walking upstairs. She stops and looks at me. "Are you coming? We have to go get ready!" she says, then keeps running up the steps. I smile to myself and sigh, then follow her. I walk into the room to find her getting out jackets and scarves. "Um, what are you doing babe? It's like 90 degrees outside" I say, walking closer to her. She turns to face me. "Well, I was thinking, what if we go ice skating?" she says, excitedly. "Baaaaabe you know I suck at ice skating!" I half whine, half laugh. "I know! I'll help you!" she smiles. "Pleeeeeeeeeaaaase" she says, giving me the puppy eyes. She knows I can't resist them. "Fine" I smile. "Yayyyy! she yells, jumping up and down like a 5 year old. I smile to myself.
Annie's pov
We get ready and get into the car. We put our jackets in the back seat and start driving. Just then, my favorite song comes on; Drag Me Down. Brennan has gotten tired of this song but he loves me so he lets me keep it on. I sing as loud as I can, totally off key. He smiles and laughs. "What?" I ask. "You're just adorable" he looks at me, smiling. I blush and look down. The song ends and I take his hand. We arrive and I almost jump out of the car. I grab my coat and run towards the entrance. "Cmon slow poke!" I yell to Brennan, giggling. "I'm coming, I'm coming" he laughs. We head inside and get our skates. I put on my scarf and lead Brennan to the rink. I guess people don't ice skate in the summer because we were the only ones there. I skate out and do a bunch of turns. When I skate back to Brennan, he has his mouth hanging wide open. "What?" I laugh. "H-how? How did you do that?" he asks, amazed. "Let's go, I'm sure you'll do great" I smile at him.
Brennan's pov
She takes my hand leading me onto the ice. I can't keep my balance at all so I grab onto her. "Annie, I suck at this" I say. "It's fine, I got you" she smiles, looking into my eyes. I nod my head and smile back at her. I keep trying, and after 15 long minutes, I start to get it. "I'm doing it Annie! Look!" I say, letting go of Annie's arm. I skate for about 10 seconds before I fall to the ground. I sit there for a few seconds and sigh. My butt really hurts right now and I feel like I can't move. I turn to see Annie laughing by when she realizes I'm hurt, she runs to me, worried. "Oh my gosh! Brennan are you okay?!" she says, trying to help me up. "I-I think so. It just hurts, a lot" I laugh a little. "Let's go home, I'm sorry I made you come here" she says regretfully. "It's not your fault, I just suck at skating" I stand up and give Annie a light kiss. "Let's go home" I smile. She nods and follows me to the car.