V

"Red leader, do you read me Red Leader?" The static voice played through her headset as she sat in the cramped cockpit of her X-wing.

"Affirmative Black Leader, I can hear you." She giggled through the small microphone whilst staring out over the vast expanse of the planet. They were flying over it at incredible speeds causing the countryside to be but a large green blur.

"I would just like to say," The voice cracked through again. "That I will crush you like a bug."

"I'd like to see you try Black Leader. I'll have you know that Acari bet his week's food rations on me."

"Well he's just going to have to go hungry then wont he Red Leader?" Poe replied as they passed over a long lake. They simultaneously flew low over it and slowed down.

Aya scoffed before speeding forwards so she was in front of him. With upmost care, she lowered her X-wing even further so that it began to drag in the water. "Eat my rain Dameron." She laughed as a large spray of water splashed onto his windscreen.

Poe quickly flew upwards and sped forwards, swiftly overtaking her and heading towards the collection of buildings at the end of the lake. "Oh it is on Cerrulo." He grumbled with a smirk.

The buildings were made of an old sandy brick topped with red tiles. They were once beautiful but were now vandalised by metallic structures. Grey and black shapes lay attached to the buildings like leeches, contrasting hugely to the serenity of the beautiful landscape. Overall, they were the size of a small village. They used to house a small group farmers and fishermen but now they were all gone.

Aya quickly caught up with him as they got closer. The buildings made up a critical communication outpost belonging to the First Order. No civilians remained in them and they were inhabited only by a few stormtroopers. Without exchanging a word, they both activated their cannons and prepared to fire.

When they reached the shores of the lake, they parted silently to the left and right, circling the small settlement. Poe was the first to open fire, swiftly sweeping across in a large arcing motion and taking out two of the small fighters that had been sent in response. "Two, nil." He shouted into his mic with a laugh.

Aya responded by easily taking out some of the defence shields that had been put in place. In the same swift movement, she knocked down a large tower that had been built by the Order. It crumbled into itself with a massive rumble. "That counts as at least five." She laughed.

"Four, it counts as four." Poe retorted whilst shooting down the top of another small lookout tower on which two stormtroopers were stood upon. "Four all."

Two TIE fighters arose from the main hangar both of which began to head towards Aya. She let out an excited screech as they started firing at her, chasing her across the roofs of the buildings. With quick movements she avoided all of their shots. "Little hand here Poe." She shouted as she swerved through the tops of the buildings.

In response Poe laughed before pursuing one of the TIEs. Within seconds he had shot it down. In the meantime Aya flew her X-wing backwards in a sickening arch, laughing as she went. After completing the large loop in record time, she found herself behind the remaining TIE. Before long, it was spiralling into the air in flames and smoke. "Nice flying." Poe yelled. "However it would have been impossible without my help."

"Oh shut up Dameron," Aya responded as they separated once more. "Five all."

"Seven, five." Poe corrected after taking out two land-based guns.

"Then watch this." Aya smirked as she flew towards the open hangar. It clearly used to be a very large barn that sat in the centre of the settlement connecting all of the surrounding buildings. It had two big doors at the front of it that had been decked out with defences and shields. However these defences were soon obliterated by Aya's cannons.