IX

The room she was placed in was tiny and laced with black metal. At the back of it, a protrusion from the wall provided a place to lie down. It was exactly the same as the floor in material and comfort making it pretty much pointless. Above her, a blinding white light caused her to wince. The light never went out making time seem futile and sleep impossible.

As soon as Aya was pushed into it she looked directly at one corner of the room. The corner appeared to be no different to the others however she could sense the camera sat behind it and the eyes of the anonymous watcher. With a smirk, she then looked away and sat down on the ledge.

The room was silent save for her breathing and her heartbeat, as time went on she could hear the blood rushing in her temples. She took a deep breath before crossing her legs, sitting upright in a meditative position. Slowly, she closed her eyes, shutting out the blinding light, and shutting out the outside world on a whole.

Hours passed as she sat there, shutting herself down. She didn't move a muscle, her mind wasn't in the same universe anymore. She was investigating into the block she had come across in Ren's mind. It was unique in its strength as she had never come across such a block in a mortal. As well as this she could still feel his presence on the outskirts of her mind. She didn't believe it was possible for a human being to create such a connection with another.

As time went by in unidentifiable chunks, she began to try and connect with those on the other side. She called upon her brothers and sisters of the universe to consult them. However, one by one, they declined. It seemed her task was not important enough for their attention, it did not surprise her, few of them wanted to have anything to do with the material world.

Unknown to Aya, days passed in her daze. The people watching over her began to worry as she ignored yet another meal. In the surveillance room she became the talk of the day. Small crowds kept gathering around the single screen to watch the girl who didn't move. Kylo Ren had all but forgotten about her imprisonment as he was focusing on the attack she had predicted.

But over 48 hours after she had first started meditating, he finally walked into the surveillance room. The men sat by the screens in the large, grey room were not expecting his arrival. Kylo Ren hardly ever entered these parts of the ship, but that day was an exception.

When he walked through the doorway all of them sprang upright, startled, before saluting him. He halted, bemused at the reaction he had caused. "As you were." He rumbled, they quickly returned to their seats. A foreign silence settled into the room.

"Lord Ren," The commander of the division walked up to him, hands tightly clasped behind his back. "How can we help you?"

"I wish to check up on the Rebel Girl." He replied. The commander's eyes widened and he nervously played with the cuffs of his black suit. Ren could sense his unease.

"Ah yes, this way." He said with false confidence before striding towards the correct cluster of screens.

Ren followed him to the desk and peered into the right screen. She was sat on the bed, legs crossed, back straight, and unmoving. "She has not moved for the entire time." The commander began. "All of her meals have remained untouched, and the lavatory unused."

Ren leaned closer to look at the screen, towering over the poor man who was sat at the desk. He could see her breathing, it was at a regular pace, she wasn't asleep. "Her breathing and heartbeat have both maintained the same pace throughout. The only detected movement has been that of her lungs and diaphragm."

"Interesting." Ren said quietly, still watching her.

"What do you want us to do, Sir?"

"Continue as you are, I wish to see how she holds this up. I will return in eight hours for her release." He commanded.

The man nodded. Time continued at its pace. As those eight hours slowly sped past, Aya did not move. She gave up on her attempt to contact the others and was now searching inside of herself. Her actions were not unusual to her, she once spent over a thousand years suspended in this state. However she was not aware of her own body and how weak it was gradually becoming.

Suddenly she was awoken from her state as someone roughly grabbed her arm. Her eyes flew open and winced at the harsh light. Her thoughts were ripped apart and she was dragged back into reality. As she entered her body once more she suddenly became aware of the pain it held. Her throat was as dry as sand and her stomach ached in hunger. Fatigue laced all of her muscles, she was empty of energy and strength. Silently, she scorned herself for her mistake.

"Stand up." The robotic voice sounded from the stormtrooper gripping her left forearm.

She tried to speak in response but noticed that her throat was too dry to do so. Instead she tried to stand. As she shakily rose to her feet she felt her body surge. Suddenly her legs gave in and she would have crashed to the floor were it not for the stormtrooper. "Give me a hand." She heard him say and moments later a second stormtrooper held her right arm.

Aya barely realised that she was being dragged through the darkened corridors of the Star Destroyer. She kept fading in and out of consciousness. Just before everything went dark she felt herself being thrown onto a soft surface. She pressed her face into the comfort and finally gave in to the darkness.

When she next awoke, it was slower. The lights were dim and more gentle as she slowly climbed back into consciousness. The hunger and pain that gripped her body still remained. As time went on she realised she was lying on a mattress and stroking the silken sheets of a jet black duvet. It relaxed her, and slowly, she began to pull herself upright.

The room was larger than before, and more comfortable. The large double bed had its headboard pressed against a grey wall that held a long, golden strip light across the length of the room. Under it was a maze of neat drawers that were embedded in the wall. On the opposing side was a massive window that ran across the entire wall, it looked out onto vast open space. Distant stars slowly moved further away as the ship gradually made its way forward.

Aya didn't obverse any more as she noticed the tray beside her, hovering patiently a few centimetres above the sheets. She didn't recognise the food as she ate it. It appeared bland like a loaf of bread but tasted like a whole meal. Energy rushed into her like water, she guessed that the food had been created for replenishing strength. Similarly, the milky liquid she drank poured energy and moisture into her.

As she finished her meal she began to inspect her surroundings further. On the left hand wall was a doorway leading into, what she presumed was, a bathroom. Beside the doorway was a large floor length mirror reflecting the opposite side. Pushed against the wall to her right was a neat black desk and chair, both empty and unused. The door entering into the room was to her right on the wall of drawers.

She got up from the bed swiftly, legs working perfectly after the meal. Her bare feet instantly touched a soft red carpet that seemed out of place with the ship. Underneath the desk sat her shoes that had been neatly placed side by side. With a gentle smile she walked to the door and tried the handle. It was locked. She rolled her eyes, of course.

In the top right corner of the room she sensed a camera, so she instantly looked directly into it and raised an eyebrow. Sighing, she walked into the bathroom to clean herself up.

When she returned she noticed that one of the drawers was glowing. It appeared as though a bright blue rectangle had been etched into the wall. Tightening the red towel around her body, she padded towards it. The grey rectangle was tall and thin, it bore no markings. So she pressed it like a button and it popped out. Gripping the protruding surface, she pulled it.

At the top, a metal bar extended outwards and hanging from it was s set of clean, black, clothes. Rolling her eyes once more, she unhooked them.

Surprisingly, the clothes fitted very well, and they weren't restrictive or decorative like a dress. They allowed her to move, and more importantly to fight. Shortly after she had finished there was a knock at the door. "Come in." She shouted, the handle turned and the door swung open.

A stormtrooper stepped into the room. "Miss," The trooper began. "Could you please follow me."

Aya smirked, 'Miss', she could get used to that.