XVI

It fitted perfectly. Mid-way through that training session, she had realised what the droid was making and spent the rest of the session with a smirk on her face. Two days later it arrived at her room on a large metal rack. Ren had actually gone and made her some armour.

It was predominantly black and made of a solid flexible alloy that moulded to her skin, allowing her to move more freely. The chest plate was the largest part of it, running from her stomach to the top of her neck in a solid black swoop. Around the neck more enforced armour clung to her in silver slices, appearing as horizontal stripes. They wrapped around her neck and hid the top of the chest and back plates but let her easily move her head. Similar silver plated material wrapped around her wrists and stomach, hiding where her trousers and shirt joined.

As the chest plate stopped at her neck, her shoulders were left exposed before being clad in solid but flexible sleeves. They enforced her sword-fighting in a way only Kylo Ren could understand. Her legs were covered in a similar attire but were mainly guarded by the knee-high black boots that acted like a second skin. It seemed that Ren's touch of extravagance had been a part of it as two large sheets of material hung around her legs like a skirt, billowing out as she walked. In the same, black material, a hood was attached to the chest plate. Both of these looked suspiciously similar to Ren's attire.

She laughed when she noticed the mask, it seemed that she would be joining the threatening-voice clan after all. Its metal skin tightly wrapped around her nose and mouth, clicking into the neck-armour towards her ears. The mask had been constructed to perfectly curve around her face, dipping beneath her eyes to leave them open. She breathed through large diagonal slits that sat before her mouth, her voice was cold and metallic when she spoke through them. Her bare forehead seemed naked compared to the rest of it however it was covered slightly by a lock of her wavy, black hair that now hung in tangles about her neck.

Once she was suited up, Aya slipped her blaster and sword into her belt before striding towards the docking bay. The suit made her feel more powerful as she walked through the corridors of the star destroyer. More glances were sent in her direction as she passed rooms. Since her victory at the rebel outpost, she was becoming well-known among the ranks. But still many commanders distrusted her, including General Hux.

However, her worries concerning General Hux had to wait as she was on the way to her second battle. They were taking a critical star system that sat between two major First Order bases. The scale of this battle was much too large for Aya to be allowed the same amount of freedom and input as before. However she was still given her squadron and her orders.

When she strode into the large docking bay it was pretty empty. The large metallic ships were in place and waiting to be filled with troops like viscous war stallions awaiting their knights. Across the Star Destroyer, hundreds of starships patiently sat in numerous docking bays, waiting for the music to begin.

Aya walked across the floor of the bay, her boots clicking against the metal as she went. The bay was eerily quiet, the silence before the storm. She watched the glittering stars peacefully drift away surrounded by the dark night sky. She revelled in the moment of tranquility. Hands clasped behind her back, she gazed patiently, waiting for the storm to arrive.

Sure enough, within minutes, stormtroopers, lieutenants, commanders, and captains, began to mechanically pour into the room. Marching in a solid, dangerous rhythm, they seeped into the waiting ships. The noise they created was phenomenal, it grew like a wave until it roared. The floor beneath her was shaking.

Aya calmly strode towards the ship where her squadron would be boarding as soon as they entered the bay. The ramp opened like a giant mouth as she approached it. Silently, she watched as her squadron marched into the belly of the beast, their boots clomping against the platform. Somewhere else on the star destroyer, Kylo Ren was striding into his command shuttle.