X

She followed the stormtrooper out of the room and into the corridor. The long room was deserted and bore doors similar to hers. They were right next to the entrance into it but further down the room she noticed that they hadn't even bothered to turn the lights on.

She was guided towards an elevator that quickly took them upwards. When they stepped out of it she found herself in a wider, much busier corridor filled with marching stormtroopers. She almost lost her guide in the crowds on a number of occasions. The entire way she mapped out where she was and the route they were taking. She noticed certain rooms that seemed of importance, occasionally she could glimpse into them and see what lay inside.

The stormtrooper stopped outside two large double doors and gestured for her to enter. She complied, and walked through them. Behind her, the doors clicked shut. They were locked.

The room was massive, almost as big as the docking bay at the rebel base, and completely empty. Its high walls were clad in neat blacks and greys, occasionally the striking red emblem of the First Order was displayed on them. She winced under the bright lights that dotted the high ceiling whilst she stepped further into the room. Her knee-high boots clicked against the metal floor as they clung to her legs.

On the far side of the room was a large rack filled with pristine weapons of every shape and size. It was clear that this was a training room. High up on the wall to her right was a long blacked out window for observers. She could sense the two men sat behind it, the same two men who had interrogated her.

It was obvious what was about to take place, so she quickly reached the rack. For a minute she just brushed her fingertips along the surface of each weapon. There was a multitude of blasters and guns of varying shapes and sizes. Then there were pikes and spears, and finally the swords. There were fewer swords as she assumed that many stormtroopers didn't need to learn how to use them. Such close combat was rare in this galaxy.

She picked them up one by one, testing their weights and movement. In her mind she was racing through the different alloys, she needed something that could withstand, or even deflect, blaster shots. Finally she found one that would do just that. It was a long, thin rapier-like sword made up of the perfect mix of metals. She gripped it tightly before swiftly spinning it around, twisting her wrist in movements she knew so well.

Shortly after she found the sword, part of the wall opened up to reveal a hidden door. From it, a stormtrooper strode out, carrying their typical blaster. He began to shoot at her, but every shot was deflected in fluid movements as she stepped towards him. Her pace was not broken by his attempts and before long she was standing a few metres in front of him. She stared at him with a somewhat bored expression.

Suddenly, with a flick of her wrist, she hit his hands at an angle where he was forced to release the gun. It flew out of his grip and skidded along the floor in echoing screeches. She then swiftly grabbed his right shoulder pulling him towards her, and kicked his legs out from underneath him. He crumbled to the floor and she held him upright. She pushed the blade against his neck in between the helmet and his shoulders. His heavy breathing and racing heartbeat sent small vibrations down the length of the blade.

She stood behind the stormtrooper as they both faced the window, she looked directly into the blacked-out glass. "Am I allowed to kill them?" She shouted out, sending echoes spiralling across the room.

From behind the glass she didn't see General Hux's slightly horrified expression and Kylo Ren smirk behind the safety of his mask. "We would rather you didn't," He spoke into the microphone, his familiar deep, metallic voice filling the chamber. "But you can if you like."

With that she released the stormtrooper who then scrambled back towards the exit noisily. She was still facing the window when the second stormtrooper entered the room. It shot just before she turned around but she caught it with her blade, inches away from her back.

Gradually she went through each of the stormtroopers that walked through the door. In theory, they were getting harder to defeat, but she remained unscathed throughout. She was also careful not to harm any of them in return, an old habit she would have to get rid of.

After the twenty third stormtrooper she was beginning to get out of breath. Sweat stuck her short hair to her forehead and her heartbeat was increasing, however she did not yet feel tired. The last stormtrooper limped back to the door, carrying his helmet with him. She watched as a new figure entered. This one did not hold a gun like the others, instead they produced a long white weapon that fizzed with electricity.

She gripped her blade and held it upright, this was more like it. The trooper ran towards her and swung at her with its weapon. She brought her sword up in a similar arching loop and they clashed with a fizzing snap. The strength of its blow surprised her but she didn't hold back as she swung again. The stormtrooper clearly knew what they were doing and fought with strength and ease.

Aya fought swiftly but struggled to defeat them as quickly as the others. Like wrestlers, they jostled to and fro with calculated moves. At one point it got dangerously close and their swing clipped her cheekbone. They both froze for a millisecond, stunned that they had managed to do so. She felt pain tinge around that area as a drop of warm blood slowly dripped down her cheek.

Seeing her opponent's hesitation she swung towards them, clipping their fighting hand with her calculated blow. They released the weapon with a muffled cry as she then swung once more, throwing their helmet off. It revealed the face of a brown haired woman with a look of shock as Aya clipped her knees, being careful not to cut them. The woman collapsed before she was knocked in the side of the head with a force just strong enough to knock her out.

Aya moved away, wiping the short hair that was sticking to her neck. "That one has potential but still needs work." She said loudly as a small group of people ran in to carry the unconscious stormtrooper away. "The weapon could be better and she needs to be trained more, you almost got it."

Behind the window Hux fumed with rage. "How dare she?" He hissed.

Ren however was still watching her with an intrigued expression. The girl was better than he thought, she could be incredibly useful. Hux disagreed strongly. Ren could sense the man's anger. If it was down to Hux she would be thrown from the ship in four separate pieces.

"She stays." Ren said to Hux.

The man's face transformed into disbelief. "You cannot be serious, have you seen the girl's strength?"

"That's exactly why she stays. She wishes to join us. A warrior like that in our ranks would make us even more powerful." Ren spoke, turning to face Hux. "She's better than a whole squadron of those brainless oaths already fighting for us."

Hux frowned, clearly disapproving of Ren's decision. They were still not used to working together, Supreme Leader Snoke insisted on their partnership. "Then you are overseeing her." He said, standing up to leave. "And if she goes awol, you will be the one to blame." He hissed as he walked out of the door.