In A Heart Beat- Chapter Two

My ears were ringing; I could faintly hear the sounds of cars whooshing past. I lightly touched my left arm and there was blood, lots of it. I could smell and taste the metallic tasting liquid. The taste made my mouth burn. The windshield was shattered into thousands of tiny pieces. I turned slightly to my left and saw Rachel lying there, blood dripping down her pale cheek, looking helpless and weak.

"Rachel! Rachel! Can you hear me?" I screamed. There was no response so I shook her and again screamed, "Rachel!" This time she moved slightly.

"Abs? I-I-Is that y-you?" She mumbled, obviously very weak.

"Yes! Yes! Rach I'm right here." I cried, grabbing her hand.

"Abig-gail, where's daddy? " she stuttered. I quickly turned, desperately searching for him; only to find the driver's seat unoccupied. He had not had his seat belt on.

"Oh my god, Rachel he must have flown through the windshield!" I blurted out. At that very second all I could hear was the piercing sound of the sirens reaching closer and closer. And then there was darkness. All I can remember after that is opening my eyes and hearing the faint beeping of my heart rate monitor in a hospital room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! What'd you all think of chapter two? Comment? Vote? Thanks!

~Keeks02