Picking Up The Pieces- Chapter Four (Delilah's POV)

The words replayed over and over, refusing to give my head a break. I like you too. I like you too. I like you too. I didn't mean to tell Daniel I liked him. He took it the wrong way I just meant that we was a good friend. Right?

What are you thinking Delilah? Of course you only like him as a friend! You've only just met this boy!

I leaned back on my pink, fluffy pillow pet, stretching my legs out and they hung off the edge of the bed. I squeezed my eyes tightly shut and covered my face with my hands. "You are so stupid" I whispered to myself, my voice muffled by my hands. I sat up staring blankly at the white wall in front of me.

The alarm clock to my left lit up reading, 5:45, indicating that dinner was only fifteen minutes away. I jumped to my feet, ripping my black duffle bag open, revealing a massive amount of clothing. I sighed and began hanging up my tee-shirts,dresses, and shorts up in my closet. I left a flowing, short dress with a white, lace bodice and a tan skirt sitting on the edge of my bed. Tonight's dinner theme was semi-casual so I decided that I was going to wear my favorite dress with tan, strappy heels to match. This dress made me feel good about myself. Like a lot of girls, I am very self-conscious about myself. I'm not fat and I know that, but I'm also not the skinniest girl you'll ever meet. I slipped the dress over my head and zipped up the back.

"Del, we're leaving in five minutes! Make sure you're ready!" My mother shouted through my closed door.

"Sure thing Mother, anything for you." I mumbled under my breathe.

"Lose the attitude!"

Crap.

These walls must be paper thin, I didn't expect her to hear me. I walked over to the huge mirror and emptied my makeup bag onto the table, examining all that I had brought; foundation, cover-up, concealer, mascara, eye shadow, blush, liquid eyeliner, eyeliner pencil, chapstick. I don't think I forgot anything. There was obviously no time to do full makeup so I decided that a smokey eye with my black and purple sparkly eyeliner and mascara would be acceptable for tonight's dinner. After applying my eye shadow I drew a thin line of black eye liner and on top I applied my purple, sparkly, liquid eyeliner to perfect the look and make it more even.

"Delilah! We're leaving!" I applied a few quick strokes of mascara and chapstick, grabbed my purse and sprinted out the door.