In A Heart Beat- Chapter Five

I woke to the muted beeping of my alarm clock. I rolled over throwing my long brown hair up into a messy bun. I groaned remembering that tomorrow would be the day that I would turn sixteen. I slumped off to the bathroom and as I turned the hot water on I started to remember the only highlight of my fifteenth birthday. Just before I went to bed on the day I turned fifteen I promised myself that by my next birthday I would turn my life around. So far nothing. I was still the same depressed, sad teenager I was last year. I frowned throwing some water in my face. I can't just sit back as another year of my life goes by. I have to do something about it.

I tiptoed out of my bedroom to avoid waking my little brothers. As I did so BamBam my six year old Maltese puppy trotted into my room and thrust himself onto my blue bedspread. He rolled over on his back gesturing for me to rub his belly. I walked over to greet my pet and best friend saying, "Hey BamBam!" He was named BamBam because Rachel and I at the time were obsessed with the Flinestones cartoons. He gently licked my fingers which was his way of thanking me. BamBam was not only my best friend but he was my only friend.

I quickly threw on a tee-shirt, shorts and my favorite vans as I darted over to the bathroom to complete my look with a light amount of makeup. I spritzed myself with my favorite Victoria's Secret perfume and practically flew down the stairs. I grabbed a piece of French toast off the counter and yelled "Bye, Mom" as I sprinted out the door.

---------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So any suggestions on how Abigail should move on from the accident? Finds a guy? Maybe a best friend? Comment!

~Keeks02