Picking Up The Pieces- Chapter One

The wheels on my pitch black van quickly came to a screeching halt as we approached the huge parking lot in front of the Port of Charleston. I flew forward, my seat belt catching me before I hit the hard, gray seat in front of me.

"Dad! Could you have maybe slowed down a little before stopping, or at least given me a warning?" I snapped at my father, wiping my long brown hair out of my face,

"Sorry Delilah, didn't see the stop coming." He said apologetically. I shot my best friend Mallory back a text reading, 'We have arrived! Soon I'll have to turn my phone off cuz of the stupid foreign charges or whatever it is...' I frowned as I hit the little silver button on my iPhone to lock the screen. How was I supposed to go seven whole days without talking to my best friend? I sighed and thought about how it just didn't seem possible.

Last week was the week my life changed and it hit me so hard it would've heart less to have a brick dropped on my head. My 'boyfriend' Tony shattered my heart into a million tiny pieces. Wouldn't you feel destroyed and useless if you received one single text from your boyfriend that read? 'Delilah, I think we should maybe breakup...'? I was so upset and shocked that tears didn't even form i just choked on my words. Seven little words shattered my heart to the point I don't think I could ever love someone ever again. After you've lost your trust for someone in that way it's hard to ever trust anyone new. Would you trust someone if one hour before they left you they had expressed to you how much they loved you? My best friends had been there every second of everyday for me, but I was about to board a cruise ship. A cruise meant that I would be out of the country, in the Bahamas, and couldn't talk to my friends at all. I was going to be left alone to think for an entire seven days.

I thought to myself, 'I can't do this! Mallory is the only one that I know understands. Five days without her is going to be impossible!'

"C'mon Delilah, we need your help unpacking the car" my mother shouted.

This is it, my seven whole days of misery are just about to begin. I sighed and started to roll my black and white zebra print suit case towards the dock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think of the first chapter? Comments are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

~Keeks02