Chapter Four

Charlottes POV
The doctors said I could go home today. So that's were I'm going. I'm sitting in alphas car in complete silence. To say it was tense would be an understatement.

I only spoke when spoken to and never made eye contact. Even though he tells me that it's ok if I don't do these things I can't help it. That's just the way I was taught.

"How are you feeling today Charlotte?" Alpha asked softly. "I'm good Alpha." I sat stiffly as I replied. He let out a sigh of annoyance and disappointed.

I cringed knowing I did something wrong and not knowing what sort of punishment I would get. "Charlotte, baby how many times do I need to tell you that you don't need to call me Alpha. You are my equal."

"I am sorry Alpha." I responded in a monotone voice. I was not going to fall for his tricks. The car came to an abrupt stop on the side of road. I froze knowing I would most likely get my punishment now.

I felt alphas hands roughly turn my face to look at him. "GODDAMNIT CHARLOTTE WHY CAN'T YOU JUST LISTEN?! I'M TRYING TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT BETWEEN US! HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU IM SORRY?!"

With each word he spoke his grip on my face got tighter. I knew he would leave bruises were his hands were. Tears started flowing steadily down my face. The memory's from that night returning

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
FLASHBACK
"Worthless!"
"Stupid!"
"Ugly!"
"Fat!"
FLASHBACK OVER
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I came back to reality when I saw his eyes turning from black, to blue. His eyes soften and filled with regret. He quickly released my face, and I let out a sob as I lightly brushed were the bruises were forming.

"Oh my god. What have I done? Angel I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. I just got upset. I didn't mean to do that. Please baby. I'm sorry." During his speech he took my hand in his.

I was quick to snatch my hand away, and on impulse I spoke. "Just leave me alone." I said barely above a whisper as I looked out the window. I knew he heard though.

I heard him lightly sniffle as he pulled off the side of the road and continued to the pack house. As soon as we pulled up in the drive way I opened the door and ran inside.

A good ten seconds later I could hear footsteps running after me. I ignored the weird looks I got as I ran. I rushed up the stairs and to the attic were my "bedroom" was.

As I opened the door to my bedroom I noticed that what little I had wasn't there. I turned to shut myself in the room, but before I could a foot blocked the doorway. Alpha walked in.

He was rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "I um, I had your stuff moved to my room. I thought you might be more comfortable in there with me." That was the final straw.

I looked him in the eye, and I broke. "YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO DO THAT! YOU ARE NOT MY MATE!" I yelled with all my might. "Don't say that." He whispered brokenly. Tears started to fall down my cheeks.

"You know... I used to think that my mate would be my hero. That he would take me away from this place and we would run away together and live happily ever after. I guess I was wrong."

"Baby please. I can be that person. I can be the mate you deserve. If you just give me a chance I can make this right." Tears started to build up in his eyes and threatened to spill out.

"I can't do this right now.... I just need some time." I lightly shoved him out the door and closed it. I slid to the floor as a cried. I cried until I ran out of tears, and was exhausted. I laid down on the floor, closed my eyes and let myself be taken into oblivion.