Chapter Ten

Brandon's POV
It's been almost a month since the incident with Brittany. Charlotte and I are doing a lot better. We go out on dates almost every other day and spend most of our free time together.

Immediately after we got to the house I banned Brittany from the pack. And yet I can't seem to get over what happened that day.

I can't seem to stop thinking about if I would have gotten there a second to late, the love of my life would be gone. I held Charlotte close to me putting my head in her neck breathing in her scent trying to get some sleep.

'Dream'
I was back on that god awful cliff. I stood right at the tree line about sixty feet from the edge of the cliff. My heart stopped when I saw someone walking closer to the edge.

Her long chocolate brown hair flew behind her as she walked, and her pale skin contrasted with the cloudy sky.

Charlotte.

I tried running forward to stop her from getting to the edge. But I couldn't. I physically could not move. It was like my feet were planted to the ground.

"CHARLOTTE!" I screamed. I saw red and started thrashing around to get to her. "CHARLOTTE STOP!" I commanded.

She turned around to look at me and I was grateful she could at least hear me. My heart started pounding faster when I saw she had tears running down her face.

And I panicked when she turned around so she was walking backwards. "Charlotte please." I tried to reason.

"I love you, baby. Want do you want?! I'll get you anything you want! I'll do anything! Please, don't do this." At this point I was begging, hot tears running down my face.

"I love you and you betrayed me." She said emotionless. "No Charlotte I promise it's all a misunderstanding. Just get away from the ledge and we can talk about this." I said trying to calm myself down so I didn't provoke her to jump.

"You don't want me.... I have nothing left to live for." She said looking straight through me like I wasn't even there.

"No Charlotte, baby I love you so much. I can't live without you. I want you more than anything in the world. Please.... Don't do this." My voice cracked at the end a lump forming in my throat.

"Goodbye." She whispered. "CHARLOTTE!" I screamed as she leaned back falling looking straight at me the whole time. I clawed at the invisible force holding me back from getting to my mate.

Sobbing I finally broke free. I ran to the edge and looked down for her. The image was one I would never forget.

Her limbs were twisted at an odd angle and there was blood every where. I couldn't breath. This can't be happening.
'End Dream'

I quickly sat up in bed gasping for breath. I looked down at the bed for Charlotte, but she wasn't there.

My wolf went into a frenzy clawing at me begging to be released so that he could find her. I quickly pushed him back though.

I didn't need any of his nonsense I had to find Charlotte. "CHARLOTTE?" I shouted frantically hurrying out of bed following her scent.