Chapter Five

A/N- gif of Chase.
Charlottes POV
A knock at the door woke me from my sleep. I looked around startled when I realize that I wasn't in my room anymore. It looked like one of the guest rooms that I had cleaned before.

I wasn't complaining though. This bed was extremely comfortable. The knock came again disturbing me from my thoughts.

I slid out of bed and cautiously walked to the door. The door creaked as I opened it. On the other side was a very attractive man around Alpha Brandon's age.

I recognized him as Warrior Chase. He was the best pack warrior we had, but unlike the other members of the pack he was mildly nice. He never participated in any of the beatings, and he was the only person I knew that had ever said thank you to me.

"Can I help you?" I asked with a small smile. "Hello Luna Charlotte." He greeted me with a warm smile. "Alpha Brandon has sent me to take you to get clothes while he handles some pack business."

I very badly want to say no, But the kind smile he was wearing would've made me feel guilty for putting him through so much trouble.

So instead I just nodded and gave him another small smile. I was feeling too self-conscious to talk.

He handed me a pile of clothes and said "my younger sister gave these to me she should be about your size Luna." He said politely. "Thank you Chase, but please just call me Charlotte."

His smile got bigger. "It's no problem Charlotte. I'll meet you downstairs." I walked into the bathroom to change. The clothes Chase's sister picked out were just my style.

I slipped on the blue sundress with daisies on it. It went to about mid thigh. I cringed when I saw the bruises on my legs from my last beating. Oh well I guess I'll have to deal with it.

Even if I didn't have the bruises I would look ugly. On top of the dress I put on a cream colored cardigan, and for shoes I wore simple flats. Lastly, I quickly dragged a brush through my hair.

As I was walking out the door I accidentally bumped into a wall. Strong arms wrapped around my preventing me from falling. My wolf started going crazy as sparks went through my body.

Wait a second. Walls don't have arms or make me tingly...... Crap. As I looked up I was met with the baby blue eyes that I've become so familiar with.

His eyes left mine to scan the rest of my body. I watched as his eyes clouded over with lust. I found myself being pushed against a wall.

Not so that it hurts, but enough so our bodies molded together. He gently, but firmly placed his hands on my hips as he ran his nose along the side of my neck inhaling my scent.

I couldn't help but shiver. He growls softly "If Chase wasn't my best fighter I would have to kill him before he saw you like this."

It was silent for a moment while we enjoyed the comfort we brought each other. He moved his mouth up to my ear and whispered, "God you're so beautiful. I'm so lucky."

His words bring me back to reality. He's lying. He's not lucky to have me as a mate. Nobody wants me. I slowly push me body away from his.

Hearing my wolf growl in disapproval. I knew I needed to get out of there before I lost control. "I'm sorry Alpha Brandon I have to go now." "Wait-" he started to say, but I quickly left without a goodbye.