Chapter Fifteen

Charlotte's POV
After a while of sleeping with Brandon in the same room, I've learned one thing. I always wake up before he does. So when I woke up this morning to find the bed empty I became extremely worried

My wolf was clawing at me to figure out what was wrong. I could feel my Luna instincts kick into overdrive.

I quickly jumped out of bed and slipped some sandals on, not bothering to change from my night wear. I needed to find Brandon. I raced down the stairs following his scent.

A few concerned pack members called my name along the way, but I wasn't stopping for anything.

I ran for about five minutes before I reached an old rusty building that was well hidden from the pack house. But I knew this place. I had spent so much time here that I knew it like the back of my hand.

The pack prison.

To say I was shocked at what I was seeing right now would be an understatement.

Standing outside the prison doors was Brandon, two guards and what looked to be two rouges. They weren't ordinary rouges though. They were what looked to be a small family.

There was a boy who looked to be no older than thirteen, and a women who looked very similar to the boy so I'm assuming she is his mother.

They were dirty and ragged, and were shaking in fear.

"Please alpha!" The mother cried. "We were only passing through. We mean no harm. Please do not kill us." She begged

"You are rouges." Brandon spat viciously. Making my shiver in fear. I hadn't seen this side of Brandon in a long time. And I hated it. "There are no good rouges. You are horrible vicious creatures and you shall be treated as so." He said with so much hate it made me want to bow in submission.

But I wasn't going to. You could obviously see that these people were innocent. I wasn't going to let Brandon kill them.

"Brandon?" I said still in shock. He whipped his head around fast to look at me. "Charlotte." He said eyes wide. He soon came back to reality and turned his emotions to one of concern.

"Charlotte you don't need to be here. Go back to the house." He said softly but you could tell he was leaving no room for argument. "Andrew, please escort your Luna back to the pack house safety." He said to one of the guards sternly before turning back around obviously not wanting to face me.

"Brandon what are you doing?" I asked completely ignoring his order. "Charlotte that's none of your concern at the moment. I need you to go back to the house." He said clearly getting agitated with me.

"No Brandon. You can't do this. These people are innocent. How can you be so blind to not see that." I asked exasperated. "They are rouges Charlotte!" He said raising his voice.

"They are killers!" He said like it was a fact. "This boy is no more than thirteen!" I shouted putting up a fight. "Does that look like the face of a killer?!" I yelled pointing at the boy.

He completely ignored me. "I don't have time for this. Go back. Now." He said using his alpha tone. But it wouldn't work on me. Not when my Luna side was coming out so strong.

"No." I said defiantly. "Fine." He said taking no more nonsense. "You can stay and watch then." He said like it didn't matter to him. But I could tell that he didn't want me to see this.

"Shoot them." He said without hesitation.

"NO!" I shouted racing forward and snatching the gun from the guard before he could pull the trigger.