Chapter Fourteen

Charlotte's POV
I woke up feeling content with myself the memories of last night clouding my brain. My naked back against Brandon's front ignited a fire within me that made me feel like that happiest person alive.

My stomach rumbled lowly breaking me from my thoughts. Brandon stirred slightly pulling me closer to him. A smile broke out on my face when I decided that I wanted to do something for Brandon after how amazing he's been to me.

I swiftly left Brandon's arms and replaced where I was previously laying with a fluffy pillow that smelt like me so he wouldn't get uncomfortable and wake up.

I winced slightly on my way to the bathroom when my entire lower body throbbed in soreness. After the pain subsided, a slight smile made its way to my face. Although everything below my belly button hurt like a bitch, it reminded me that last night was real and it was just as amazing as I remembered it to be.

I tiptoe to the bathroom carful not to make any noise. I looked in the mirror and cringed. My hair was a birds nest and I had dark circles under my eyes. I had two hickeys on my neck and a slight bruise in the form of a hand print on my left thigh.

But through all of my ugliness, I saw Brandon's mark. It was beautiful. It was an intricate design of two wolves leaning on each other howling up at the full moon. Under the mark was Brandon's name in neat cursive letters.

I admired my mark for a few more minutes before giving it one last small smile and jumping into the shower in an attempt to make myself look half decent.

When I got out I looked somewhat better. My hair was less frizzy and I looked more awake than I was before. The only downsize to me having a shower is that the warm water irritated my bruises and hickeys making them look worse than they were. The skin around them was a bright red color.

I closed my eyes sighing, unwanted memories creeping in on me.

I hate having bruises on my body. After everything that's happened to me I quickly became familiar with bruises.

And after everything that's happened these past few months I don't need a reminder of the past. Of the things that haunted my subconscious.

I choose to forgive. It's not an easy quality that many have, but I'm glad I have it. Because without forgiveness, I would never know happiness.

I would never know happiness with Brandon.

And that alone would destroy me.

I shook it off deciding today would not be negative, and that Brandon and I were going to have today just for the two of us.

I quickly brushed through my hair making it curl randomly and then put on my bra and underwear before covering myself up with a dark baggy shirt that went to my mid thigh. I didn't bother putting any pants on because I knew no one was at the pack house today.