Chapter Thirteen

Brandon's POV
Charlotte and I were standing in the driveway holding each other tightly.

 I buried my face in her neck and inhaled deeply, wanting to memorize every inch of her

With each passing second my heart squeezed tighter in my chest, and my wolf whimpered like crazy begging me not to leave our mate.

I saw Alex lightly touched Charlotte's shoulder and gently tried to pull her from me. I growled loudly warning him to remove his hand. "I suggest if you like your arm attached to your body you keep it away from my mate." I spat viciously holding her tighter to me.

He raised his hands to show he surrendered. He hesitated before speaking. "I know you're gonna miss her Brandon. But we were supposed to leave an hour ago to get to the Crescent Moon Pack, and we have to leave now if we want to make it before sun down." He said stating the facts.

I sighed defeated. "Ok." I whispered. "Just give me five more minutes than I'll meet you in the car." I said. He looked pleased with my answer so he nodded and walked away.

I pulled away from Charlotte and held her face in my hands. I slowly died inside as I saw a lone tear slip down her face. "Don't cry baby." I said kissing her lips softly.

"I can't stand to see you sad." I whispered against her lips. She pulled away from the kiss laughing sadly. She shook her head. "I'm sorry. I'm being stupid it's only three days. It's not like your leaving forever." She said.

"Hey! You are not stupid." I said slightly angered she would say that about herself. "Your are smart Kiss. Kind Kiss. Funny Kiss. Beautiful Kiss." I said kissing her in between each word.

I pulled away looking her in the eye. "But most importantly, your mine. And nothing of mine is stupid." I said winking playfully making her giggle.

Alex honked the car horn ruining the moment making me frown. "Hey." She said smoothing out my frown lines making me smile softly leaning into her touch.

"Three days." She said confidently. "We can last three days. It will go by in a snap." She said snapping her fingers, but I could tell she was trying to reassure herself more than me. I pulled away from her reluctantly.

"Be safe." I said sternly. "Don't leave the pack house, and call me every night." I said going over the rules again. She rolled her eyes playfully. "Yes dad." She said teasing me making me chuckle.

I pulled her into one last kiss. "I love you, baby" I said caressing her cheek. "I love you too." She said with a soft smile.