10. Peanut Butter Sandwiches Time

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update again! 

I hope you all had a great Christmas :) It's been pretty busy for me-plus the fact that I had a horrible writer's block-so I haven't been able to update as quickly as I promised. 

Anyway, happy New Year!

Chapter Ten

I pushed open the door to my cabin and stepped inside.

The familiar and comforting smell of the ocean breeze immediately greeted me, along with the heavy snores of a certain Cyclops.

I crept in further and shut the door, my hand brushing against the sea-shell imbedded stone of the wall, scraping across the palm of my head.

I turned back around and smiled. Tyson was laid across one of the bunk beds, half hanging off. His hair was still a rat's nest and he was wearing an old shirt that was way too small for him and a pair of swimming trunks. There was a smear of peanut butter on the side of his face.

I plopped down on a different bed. I felt something in my pocket and withdrew it. The smiling faces of me, my mom and Paul stared at me, and I taped it to the wall with all my other photos.

I changed into a worn shirt and some shorts, burying myself under the covers. My hand reached to the box where the Minotaur's horn was safely kept and swallowed back tears.

I was as if I had gone back in time to my first year at Camp Half-Blood. My mum was missing. I felt lost and alone, despite being surrounded by people. I was wounded. And we had a traitor in our midst.

I clenched my jaw. It would be different this time, I assured myself. I'm stronger, older and more experienced.

My eyelids grew heavier and I fell into unconsciousness.

"Brother!"

I woke up to see Tyson charge at me with a big grin on his face and his eye alight with joy. He crushed me in one of his bear hugs.

"Can't—breathe—" I managed to gasp out.

He released me and pulled away with a sheepish look. "Sorry brother. I missed you."

I got up and stretched, and then patted him on the back. "I've missed you too, big guy." My fingers barely reached his shoulder. Somehow, he had grown even taller.

I rubbed my eyes, still feeling like I hadn't slept a wink despite falling asleep almost immediately. "What time is it?"

Tyson clapped his hand with excitement. "Breakfast time! Peanut Butter Sandwiches time."

"What are you even doing here? Shouldn't you be working for dad in the forges?"

Tyson's grin melted. "Daddy got everyone to leave. He said it wasn't safe there anymore. So I came here and helped the scary horse man to rebuild the Big House." His big brown eye went watery. "Don't you want me here?"

"Of course I do." I said and grinned at him. I was genuinely happy he was here. I had forgotten how much I missed him. "How is Ella?"

He blushed. "Fine. Great, um. She's staying in the Athena cabin because she likes the books."

I went to the bathroom and had a shower, wincing as the spray hit my shoulder, bombarding with small droplets of hot water like a million needles jabbing into my flesh.

I then changed into some clean clothes-jeans and an orange Camp Half-Blood shirt-and brushed my teeth, feeling more refreshed then I had ever thought possible.