[PART ONE] 1. I Get Operated on by Thalia

Hi!

So, this is the first chapter of The Unknown! I hope you all enjoy it. I wrote this a few months back and I've just been waiting for the right time to post this. I'm having a little struggle with my The Blood of Olympus story so I've decided to have a little break, although I will be updating that story as regularly as possible :) 

Dedicated to @inspiringwords12 for being amazing and creating the new cover for The Blood of Olympus. Follow her!!

 PART ONE:

 Chapter One

I closed my eyes, squeezing them shut and blocking out any light, shivers passing through my body, icy waves one after another, overwhelming my senses.

If I tried hard enough, I could almost imagine that I was in a completely different world to the one I was in now. Warm, rays of light on my face, sounds of people laughing, Annabeth and I sitting at the campfire, singing silly songs with the other campers: that was past.

Now, I was alone. Dying. The only sounds were of my own, laboured breathing and the slight rustling of leaves. Even the sun beating on my face wasn't warm and comforting, but was the opposite: harsh and sickly.

The grass underneath me was damp but I had neither the strength nor the will to move.

I fumbled for the wound on my shoulder and held back a whimper when my hand came in contact with it. The pain was like someone pressing a red hot rod against the meat of my shoulder; a sharp, burning sensation.

 I could hardly remember how it happened. Disjointed images flashed before my eyes: Annabeth pulling my hand, worry written all over her face; a corpse lying in a heap of broken plaster, dust and blood; someone lunging for me and so much blood and pain and confusion.

My head throbbed and I opened my eyes, the light sending spears of agony into them and blinding me temporarily.

I saw trees looming over me, casting dark, deep shadows over the grass, the dull light of the sun making the darkness more desolate.

I sucked in a breath, holding it for a few seconds before exhaling loudly. A part of me wondered if it would be one of my last breaths. Another part hoped it was.

"Annabeth?" I croaked. Why wasn't she here? Hadn't she been there when...?

I shuddered. She had been there. I was sure of it. But why...?

I coughed into my hand, only to withdraw it and see crimson staining my palm.

No. Not like this.

No. I couldn't just...

What about Annabeth? She...she should be here...

I couldn't just let go...right?

Could I?

Should I?               

I heard the sound of someone's ragged breath and running footsteps. I tried to sit up but my muscles ached and the wound on my shoulder screamed in process.

"Seaweed Brain!" I saw Annabeth's face hovering over me. She had a nasty graze across the side of her face but she didn't seem bothered by it. In fact, she looked more worried about me.

My hand reached up to stroke her face, but she flinched away. "It's nothing." She snapped and pulled away. Her eyes were red from crying. "Percy, don't worry about me. Just..." She swallowed thickly. "Just don't look at your shoulder."

I blinked. "What?"

Annabeth suddenly held my face in a vice grip. She looked into my eyes. "Percy, do you remember? What happened-do you remember?"

The Unknown (A Percy Jackson Fanfiction)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें