[INTERVAL] 21. The Prophecy

SORRY SORRY SORRYYYY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE

WHY IS WRITING SO DIFFICULT? ESPECIALLY PROPHECIES? AND WHY DOES SCHOOL HATE ME SO MUCH? I'M CURRENTLY IN A STATE OF CONSTANT EXHAUSTION. 

But I'm okay! Heeeere is the update! Enjoy! Vote! Comment! Yay!

Interval Chapter [Edited]

Piper was furious.

She knew they had gone when Percy didn't turn up for breakfast that morning. That guy was always eating, whatever the situation.

To be fair, she had been expecting it. The only reason she hadn't left before was because there was a chance, no matter how little, that Jason would return. But now she could see clearly that he wasn't coming back anytime soon.

She was just annoyed that they didn't even tell her that they were leaving.

"Piper?" Lacy asked. The younger camper was watching her with a concerned expression as she folded her many clothes for the cabin inspection. "Are you okay?"

"She probably just looked in the mirror again." Drew drawled from the bathroom, where most of the Aphrodite girl and boys stood, doing their makeup or styling their hair.

Lacy giggled a little nervously. "At least she doesn't crack it."

"Drew, get on with what you're supposed to be doing." Piper said and sighed, glancing at the heart-shaped clock on the wall. "They'll be here any minute now."

There were a few grumblings from the bathroom but most of them returned to tidy their drawers and beds. For a moment, Piper was suddenly struck by panic at the amount of empty bunk beds...and then she remembered.

"Is it Jason?" Lacy looked solemnly at her with her big blue eyes.

Piper just nodded-it was easier that way. She didn't even bother trying to explain that she was worried about her dad and everyone else in the world, as well as her friends and all those half-bloods that just disappeared. Or the fact that she missed her best friend, Leo, who had presumably died defeating Gaea.

But Lacy was right. Jason was the main thing that clung to her thoughts. She missed him. She missed his sky blue eyes and his corn silk blonde hair. And oh gods, she even missed that adorable scar on his upper lip.

She just needed answers. Where was he? What were her friends doing? And what had caused this apocalypse that seemed so out of place in the real world? It seemed like it belonged in one of her dad's movies.

She could ask Chiron, but the centaur was busy or too deep in thought to talk to. She would often glance over at the Big House and see him pacing in the porch, sometimes gazing over at the horizon. Mr D was nowhere to be seen which Piper was grateful for.

Suddenly, a thought struck her. In an almost robotic fashion, Piper put down the clothes she was folding onto the bed and grabbed Katoptris in its worn black leather sheath. The knife no longer showed her visions, which she couldn't decide she was a good or a bad thing, but it was still useful in terms of fighting.

She left, much to the confused murmurs of her sibling behind her.

"I guess she got sick of being the ugliest one in the entire cabin." Drew said.

Piper shrugged it off as much as she could, annoyance clinging to her nevertheless. Normally, she wouldn't be too bothered by Drew's insults. Actually at times she found them refreshing and treated her half-sister as a source of entertainment; in fact, Piper and Jason, sometimes Leo as well, would sometimes go to the Canoe Lake or the creek together with a picnic and spend the time mocking Drew's insults. Those were the good times. When Leo was there.