Chapter Eight

Yes, you know it. CHAPTER EIGHT IS ON THE HOUSE! Phew!

--

CLAIRE

It feels like someone's been watching me or I'm just getting a little bit paranoid?

I immediately fasten my pace for this feeling is getting overbearing and unsettling. I feel sweat trickling down my neck and slightly drenching the neckline of my t-shirt.

"I'm almost there.." I mumble as my mind is screaming in relief.

I open the door and close the door shut behind me. I drop my bag on the floor beside me and wipe the sweat from my neck with my sweaty palms. Okay, that just escalated.

I quickly went to a window overlooking the front yard and look around for any suspicions.

Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

"Well, better prepare dinner before dad arrives." I whistle whilst going to the kitchen.

-.-.-

EMA

I can sense a wolf's presence not far away. I immediately let my feet run in high speed that I don't normally do at times like this. This is insane. Why is a wolf stalking or spying on me?

Now I remember the Lawrence guy that obviously likes my best friend. I can see the powerful aura emitting around him. He must be an alpha and he sent one of his hounds to check on me because I am a natural enemy. Well, the treaty has been long signed and sealed so there is no point on fighting with them or else the elders will guarantee punishment or even worse—death when a vampire and a wolf fight.

I still haven't gotten used to using the speed-walking so I tripped myself over by some pebble that was barricading my way. Before I tripped actually, someone caught me by the hip and I immediately try to get away from his arms.

"Mine"

I'm doomed.

"Sorry pal. A wolf and vampire? Never to be."

His blue eyes stare back at me and I just want to run my fingers through his blonde hair. Uh, this is PATHETIC!

I AM MATED TO A WOLF!

-.-.-

CLAIRE

It's already the first subject and I haven't seen Ema anywhere. Usually she is always punctual and never late at school but today.. Something seems odd.

Suddenly my mind completely went unto thinking about Lawrence.

I kind of miss him- scratch that, I really do miss him. I hope he is well at work. Damn, I'm not that worried about father anymore.

I'm more worried at that boss of his.

"Sorry I'm late!" I notice Ema bombarding her way inside the classroom, "traffic."

The teacher just looks at her and continues lecturing as if she just saw a strange shadow and decided to dismiss it. Uh, people these days.

I slowly raise my hand to catch her attention. She quietly and lowly approaches me and sits beside me. She instantly grabs a textbook from her bag and slowly reads it.

"You're acting strange. Did something happen?" I raise an eyebrow and flick the textbook she is reading, "hey Ema."

"N-nothing." She smirks nervously at me and I just roll my eyes, "it's just.. I met a guy.."