Chapter Seventeen

You dont know how much I love you guys right now! I have reached 27k because of you lots <3
Sorry if my last update was too short cos I was pretty busy with school so I had to make it quick.
So finally! Chap 17 WOLFIES <3

And honestly.. My previous book cover is removed!? What happened! Uhh, damn phone! Yes.. all my chapters today are going to be on phone xDD

---

CLAIRE

"You look tasty to eat." The ghastly man evily grins at me and my breathing got caught up with my fear.

I can't move...
MOVE DAMN IT!

My whole body is paralyzed. I can't move a muscle. I feel suffocated. I feel trapped in such darkness. I'm engulfed by the beast's eyes in front of me. The moment he walks slowly towards me I completely tremble and shake. I've never been so terrified in my life.

In a flash, the vampire is seen bruised on the ground. The dirt of the Earth literally blew chunks. I blink my eyes a few times to adjust my vision. How did that happen at such a spur moment?

"Are you okay? That was a close call." That voice.

"V-Valerio?" My voice is still cracking. Somehow I couldn't cry. This happens when I fear too much just like when mom died. I didn't cry but my heart was shattered into a million pieces.

Right now.. It's different. Supernaturals are involved. Oh, so now a wolf will come out from the woods and protect me now?

Seconds later, we hear a loud rips and cracks from the trees and there emerged a huge grey and white wolf. It must be 6 feet or something if it stands.

My.. Predictions are correct.

"Glad to see you join the party again, Alpha man." Valerio smirks and I just shook my head vigorously to regain.

"Alpha?!" I look at the wolf that is now prancing around the unstable vampire on the ground. It turns to take a glimpse at me and I was completely mesmerized by its ash eyes.

Those eyes are familiar.

"Lawrence?!" I call out and he growls at me, like saying he wants me to back off. I just gulp and slowly take a few steps back. Valerio just shrugged and watched how Lawrence snarls deadly at the unstable vampire that Valerio threw a punch at.

I can't believe it. Lawrence is a wolf. That means..

All the times that he is always overprotective of me.. Saying that I am his and no one else.. When he kissed me and wanted more of me.. When he speaks my heart would flatter in an unnatural way..
When he touches me I would unexpectedly grow excited..

Those are signs of having a mate, right?

"So you finally figured it out. I already knew when you stepped in the mansion and the scent from that hound lingered on you." Valerio starts and I just kept staring at Lawrence who is now biting the vampire's neck, "oh wow. I can literally feel my throat being ripped off."

I cover my eyes when the most horrendous part started to happen. I'm not like those girl who faints or be completely scared and traumatized later on. Those are cliche types! In the real world, if you get to encounter something like this.. It's pretty cool.
But I just hate gore so might as well shield my eyes when it is all over.

"You can uncover your eyes now." Valerio soothes and I slowly remove my palms.

Oh my.

Lawrence's wolf head is in front of me and I'm having a hard time whether I should touch his head or not. I know, I'm just being cautious.

Where's the vampire?

"He just disposed it in the ground and FYI wolf, the outside premise of our residence is not a graveyard." Valerio spats out. I didn't know he can act all like that.

'Claire..'

I shake my head, quite shocked.

"Don't worry. He just sent you a telepathic message." Valerio was like the bridge or thirdwheel here, "I know I'm being a bridge."

"Vampire." I just sigh with a smile. As usual they can read minds.

"And no, we don't read minds. We are just super smart."

Lawrence growls deeply and threateningly. His big paws separates both Valerio and I. I just laughed how possessive Lawrence is. I don't find it annoying anymore. I find it loving and cute. I've never felt this loved before and not to mention a man who can shift into a supernatural being.

"What happened to the vampire?" I ask and Valerio just shrugs

"I'm going to have a discussion with the elders about this. You should come too, Lawrence." Valerio smirks at Lawrence, "since you were the one keeping an eye on these things before that's why you didn't enter the party."

I just look at Valerio then look at Lawrence then look at Valerio again.

'DON'T STARE AT HIM! YOU'RE MINE!' Lawrence growls and I just roll my eyes with a smile.

He's so grumpy. And.. So possessive.

I just pat then caress Lawrence's head and I hear him purr silently. He nudges his head to my chest and I hug him, feeling his head cuddling on me.

"I better go. The party doesn't wait for anyone but me." Valerio walks away with immense speed.. Vampires..

So..
Alone with Lawrence, huh?

"Umm, when do you plan on changing back?" I ask him and he looks up

'Hop on.' He said and I raise an eyebrow

"Do you remember my curfew?"

'Do you remember you're my mate?'

"What does that got to do with my curfew?!"

Lawrence just turns his back on me and I gave up. I just climbed on top of him and tightened my grip on his fur.

"Where are we going..?"

He just ignores me and I just shrugged in annoyance.

"Whateve--- WAAAHH SLOW DOWN!"

This is going to be the death of me.