Chapter Eighteen

So I was like out for 3 days (out like not updating and just looking at notifications) when like I was shocked to see my book reached 30.1k and 1.5kvotes! OMG! THANK YOU SO MUCH WOLFIES <3 (Yeah, gotta call you guys wolfies for now on)

Here it is! An update!

--

CLAIRE

"OUCH!" I hiss as a branch from a tree just hit my face with a snappy impact, "can you slow down?! I'm human, you know!"

'We are almost there. ' Lawrence mind-links me, 'and if we slow down.. You'll never make it to your curfew.'

"Rather be safe than sorry!" I just scoffed while lowering my head to his soft back to prevent me from being hit by other branches. I can tell my hair is like a bird's nest. For crying out loud! My outfit is a little bit torn apart!

Which reminds me..

"Where are your clothes by the way?!" I ask him and he just growls.

Presuming he just shifted immediately.

"So you wolves don't have powers to bring your clothes back?! After shifting back, you guys are going to be naked?!"

'No need to shout. My senses are very accurate as a wolf.'

"Sorry." I reply then kept my mouth shut after that.

Where are we going anyway?

Wait. Is he going to kill me and throw me in the depths of the forest because I just knew that he is a wolf?!

Oh no! What am I going to do!?

'I can sense your tension. I'm not going to do bad things to you.'

"I see." That's a relief.

-.-.-.-

Holly Molly.

Am I in heaven or not? Besides the majestic green pastures and a loving.. erm, mate-- I think I'm still alive.

The sky is showcasing lovely stars twinkling like fireflies. I can see some clouds but they were easily swept away from the beautiful gush of wind that fanned all around us. The moon is not too huge but it is glistening. The grass however sways gracefully with the wind. My hair has been caught up but it didn't bother me. I feel so alive.

I look behind me and Lawrence staring at me while his whole wolf body is lying on the grass. I can't shake the feeling that in his eyes-- I was the most gorgeous thing that he have ever laid his eyes on. My heart skipped a beat just by thinking about it.

'Come here.' He mind links and I smile at him and saunter towards him.

I sit on the grass with legs crossed and I lean backward to lay beside Lawrence. I feel a purr just erupted inside him and I chuckle lightly. Seconds later, his head cocooned around me and I feel ticklish.

"It tickles!" I lightly push his head away but then gave up when he lovingly lick my face a little. My eyes dilated and from what I registered in mind.. I say..

I really love him with all my heart.

Minutes of silence and caressing his soft head, my mouth opens and the first that came out was..

"Why didn't you tell me?"

He lightly raises his head and look at me.

'You're human and it is unlikely to just tell you directly.'

"I wouldn't have freaked out."

'But I didn't know that.'

I stay silent. I'm not mad or anything. I just wanted to know he kept this secret. Sure, I don't bother asking him cos my mind is elsewhere and not to the point where I would succumb myself with supernaturals. I understand why he hasn't told me. If I were to have a human mate and if I were a wolf then it would be too hard to explain at such circumstances.

"I know." I just sigh, "why am I chosen to be your mate?"

'It doesn't matter.' He rests his head on my lap again, 'you're mine and that's all that matters.'

That remark made my heart flutter with such passion. I haven't felt this way before and I want it to last forever. I want to be with him forever more. I want to kiss him.. I want to embrace him with such love.. And if I grow older then I would want to feel him.

So this is the feeling of having a mate even though I'm human.

I kiss the top of Lawrence's head slowly and he leans in and nudges his head to my neck.

So the boss is an alpha. Haha.