Chapter Forty

OMG! 40 CHAPTERS ALREADY :OOOOOOOOOO THIS IS SOO EPIC!

Here is the update, wolfies <33333

--

CLAIRE

I think time halted and I believe my surroundings became dull and null. I don't know how many hours I've been here--- crying, kneeling, hugging, and making Lawrence wake up even though I don't hear his heartbeat now.

I just couldn't accept the fact that he is gone.

"Luna!"

I hear a familiar voice calling out to me. I look up slowly but apprehensively and I saw Neil with Marie. My face lit up but I'm sure it was still in pained.. Depressed.

But how come they are here?

"What happened.. Alpha.. He's.." Neil was shocked as well, "L-Luna.."

"It's all my fault, Neil.. I shouldn't have.. I shouldn't have been stubborn in the first place.. Now I let him die because of me.. I wish.. We didn't go to the market, Neil.. I wish I just listened to him.." I face-palmed and started crying again..

It's so painful.. I just want to die..

"Luna.. I know someone who can help.. We just went there." Marie steps up and Neil snapped his fingers.

"Oh yeah, the powerful witch living near here.. I bet she can help with this problem.." Neil reassures me and I just wiped my tears away.

"I don't know.. No one can bring back the dead to life.. Not even witches.."

"She is different, Luna.. She is the epitome of all witchcraft and has godly powers." Marie adds up and I just look at Lawrence.. Biting my lip and trying to control my sobs again..

"Okay.."

I hope the witch can bring him back to life.. I just hope she can..

--

The witch's name name is Melan. I thought she would look like some old woman with frizzled grey hair and ghastly face features but I was wrong. She looks way younger than that. If I could compare her face with humans, let's just say she looks like a young mom.

She was reading something on her book and I just sat there in the corner, rubbing my tummy. I just vomited earlier when we arrived—don't worry, I vomited at Melan's bathroom. Who knew her place was a bit modern for her style? I mean, I was also expecting witchcraft placed in every walls and corners. Her cabin was comfortable and it didn't look run-down. It looks like a normal one.

Don't worry, baby, daddy is going to be fine.

"Luna, when did you and the alpha do it?" Marie sat beside me and I just sigh a little

"I was in heat earlier and we did it at the rogue's lair."

"I hear when werewolves get pregnant, it would only take them 6months since our genes are much faster." Marie smiles and I just smiled back.

"Do you think Melan can bring him back to life?" I mean.. Maybe there is like a price?

"Like I said, she is different. There is no compensation to what she is doing. She did something regretful in the past that made her help others for free." As if reading my mind.

Please come back to us, Lawrence..

I feel a hand cupping mine, it was Marie. I know she felt my depression and tension.

Oh yeah, I'm also dressed with Melan's clothes and Lawrence was only covered in sheet.

"It will be all right, I promise." Marie says and I nod. I also saw how Neil is silently standing beside Marie, looking at his dead alpha.

Looking at how the witch is preparing her craft, I silently prayed that Lawrence will be brought to life.

"There is one condition with this witchcraft I am going to perform."

My eyes widen when Melan spoke to me.

"You are going to have to surrender your precious memories of him. Your memories will serve as his life source." Melan puts her hand on Lawrence's forehead.

All three of us were in a state of shock and apprehensiveness.

"And you must be away with him for as long as you could till he heals with your memories. Your memories will fade and be altered with your presence."

"Is there another alternative for this matter, Melan? I can't.. I can't be away with him.. For that long.."

"There is no other way, Claire.. You will have to think about it thoroughly.. This is the best I can do about bringing back the person to life.."

His wound is too deep and it would take about months for him to completely heal.. And my memories.. I'm going to forget about him then.. I can't do that.. What about the things we shared together?

Melan is going to take it away from me..

But if it serves as something that will make Lawrence come alive again..

I'll do it..

"Neil, listen to me." I call out to Neil and he diverts his attention to me, "you and Marie are going to take of Lawrence once I'm away.. To God knows where since I won't remember a thing."

"No, Luna! I will come with you! You saved me from the rogues and this is how I will repay you!" Marie interrupts and I shook my head with a smile.

"I won't take away the happiness that you have right now. Neil is your mate and you must be with him."

"Luna, it's okay. We will meet once a day. Don't go too far from Lawrence. Just stay in hiding a bit near the pack. Marie and I will take care of everything." Neil proposed and I just nod in agreement.

"Till he heals, Neil.. Till he fully heals, okay?" Tears started to fall again.

I'm going to be utterly depressed, not knowing why since I won't remember Lawrence after this—

But I know we will make it through..

Then Lawrence.. Baby.. Hold on for me, okay?

I will be back..

I promise..

"I'm ready, Melan." I stood up and walked towards her. She made me stand beside Lawrence's body.

"Don't worry, this won't hurt but emotionally after this, it will." Melan begins raising her hands as she chants a few words.

I feel something escaping from my mind.. And slowly..

I see white.. Then darkness..