Chapter Ten

LAWRENCE

"Lawrence!"

Oh shit.

I quickly maneuver around the fast-speeding truck in full speed as Claire screams in terror and shock. I pant so hard that I immediately parked the car on the side of the road. I warily look at my trembling hands. Oh no.

"La-Lawrence?" Claire's sweet voice snapped me back from my reverie, "why are you looking so pale? Are you sick?"

She was already touching my forehead and I just kept on staring at her beautiful pair of eyes. I'm already healed. Her warm hand sent shivers and energy through my veins.

I knew what happened to me earlier. I was in heat. A mate must satisfy its desires from his or her mate. I was already craving for Claire but I just tamed it. I don't want to get her purity just yet. I don't want her to freak out. I've been engrossing myself with work because I couldn't stop thinking about her. Every time I visit, I always try to act cool but in reality—I was dying to taste her.

And now, my wolf can't take it anymore. He wants her. I want her. We want her now.

"Claire." I look deep into her eyes and begin on raising her chin. Her eyes dilated at my touch.

"W-what are you doing?" She slowly pulls away from my touch, "n-no.. I can't do that."

-.-.-

CLAIRE

"N-no.. I can't do that."

"Please." He's pleading again. I look away, trying to avoid his gaze. I can't take it anymore. I was already yearning for his touch or kiss as well but I don't want to be thought as someone who I am not—obviously a slut or something like that.

"N-no." I sit firmly on my seat, "take me home right now and please don't wander into space just like you did earlier. We almost died. I almost had a heart attack! Or literally I had a heart attack! Pull that stunt again or so help me I'm gonna haunt you for the rest of your life if ever you survive!"

He just looks straight with a blank face. I wait for his reaction but nothing happened.

I feel so unsettled and uncomfortable right now. He must have sensed it because he immediately turns the radio on and 'Crazier' by Taylor Swift was on air. I hum at the tone seconds later. I just freaking love this song.

You lift my feet off the ground

You spin me around

You make me crazier

"Crazier." I hear him utter and I stop humming.

My heart melted all of a sudden. Why am I bearing this feeling again?

Like I extremely want to be with him forever?

"Are you okay now? Can you drive again?" I ask and he was silent for a couple of seconds

I hear the engine running and that's when I realized that..

We are going to have a long silent and awkward moment inside the car alone.

-.-.-

"Dad?" I enter his room for I saw him lying down in bed. That's the first time that he really went home early and just laid on bed like he doesn't care about the world around him anymore, "I see you're bliss."

"Mirthful I would like to prefer." He sits up from his bed with an unusual smile

"Um, I haven't seen that smile since.."