Chapter 15

{A/N}

HONESTLY, FIGHTING SCENE IS HARD TO WRITE. SO I HAVE TO PUT THIS CHAPTER FIRST SO I CAN MAKE A BETTER ONE ON CHAPTER 16...

P.S : I ACTUALLY WANT TO MAKE THIS CHAPTER LONGER BUT I ENDED DIVIDE INTO TWO CHAPTERS BACAUSE MY DAD WANT TO GET SOMETHING TO EAT TONIGHT AND I'M REALLY HUNGRY.

I KNOW. A RIDICULOUS REASON. BUT IT'S TRUE...

-AMNI 

*******************

Brooke's POV

I wake up in a dark, wedge in a corner. The floor beneth my feet is smooth and cold. I touch my throbbing head and liquid slips across my fingertips. Red-blood. When I bring my  hand back down, my elbow hits a wall. Where am I?

A light flicker above me. The bulb is yellow and dim when it lit. I see the wall of tank around me and my shadowed reflection across from me. The room is small, with transparent walls and no window, and I am alone in it.

I see a small opening near my feet. Connected to it is a tube, and connected to the, in the corner  of the room, is a huge tank.

The trembling starts in my fingertips and spreads up my arm and slowly my body is shuddering. I am in the condition where my weapons are not beside me, only about three shuriken in my boot that I wore. 

When I pushed myself out of the corner, I see a pool of blood where I was sitting. I can't panic now. I stand; leaning against a wall, and breath. The worst thing that can happen to me now is that I drown in this tank. I press my forehead to the glass and laugh. That's the worst thing I can imagine. My laugh turns to frown. I can't swim. I'm not afraid of dying. But I want to die in a different way, a peaceful way.

Water trickles into the bottom of the tank. 

It's better to scream and cry but I can't. I slam my heel into the wall behind me. My foot bounces off, and I kick again, so hard my heel throbs. I kicked again and again and again, then pulled back and thrown my left shoulder into the wall.

I focus on my breathing. I can forget that I am about to die. I stare at the sealed hole above me until my vision narrows and it is all I see. Water trickles my ankles, then my calves, then my thighs. It rises my fingertips. I breath in; I breath out. The water is soft and feels like silk.

I breath in. The water will washed the blood away from my body. I breath out. My mother submerged me in water when I was a baby, this couldn't be bad, right? I begin to panic. I cried for help but I know it's useless,  no one will hear me.

My body rises with the water. Instead of kicking my feet to stay abreast of it, I push all the air from my lungs and sink to the bottom. The water muffle my ear. I feels its movement over my face. I think about snorting the water into my lungs so it kills me faster, but I can't bring myself to do it.

Relax. I close my eyes. My lung burns. It's a calm death. I can never feel this calm if I'm not in water. I let my arms float up to the top of the tank. I let the water fold me in its silken arms.

When I was young, my father, Will Rider, use to hold me over his head and run with me so I felt like I was flying. I remember  how the air felt, gliding over my body, and I am not afraid. I open my eyes. I glance at my right. A dark figure stands beside the tank I'm in. I must so close to death if I see things. Pain stab my lungs. Suffocating is painful. A palm press to the glass and for a moment I reconise it.