Memories of Fairy Tail

"So, Acnologia and Zeref are the ones responsible for what happened." I thought to myself as I roamed the streets of Crocus. It was dark now, the majority of the light was illuminating from the sky labyrinth where the first challenge of the Grand Magic Games was taking place. I was far enough from the heart of the city so I was surrounded by mostly silence. 

"I guess first thing in the morning I will start my research on Acnologia." I said to no one in particular. 

"You already know everything you need to know." I heard. It was a very faint voice, definitely male. I looked all around me, yet nobody was near. 

"How can I know anything about some evil dragon when I don't even know anything about myself?" I thought as I turned the corner. I came upon a cute little park, empty and lit only by a few street lamps. I walked into the heart of it and sat upon a bench surrounded by lush greenery.

"I have no memory of before Fairy Tail, my first memory is joining the guild." I muttered. Although I didn't have memories of the first years of my life, I do have some great memories of being in Fairy Tail.

After Gray and I met in the meadow, we became inseparable, everything we did we did together. Missions were extremely fun for me, mainly because I got to watch Gray get stronger and stronger. Lucky for me, he caught on quickly to the fact that I rarely used magic, but of course that didn't stop him from complaining that he did all the work.

One day, after Gray and I had completed a mission, we decided to go to our meadow. Ever since our meeting, the meadow had become our spot, it was extremely beautiful and not many people ever went there, making it pretty private. The mission we had just finished was a more dangerous one then we normally took, and it resulted in me using my magic to save Gray. I was able to perform fast enough so Gray didn't see what I did, but using my magic was always my very last resort.

As we sat along the riverbank, I heard Gray mutter something under his breathe.

"What was that?" I asked him, turning my body to face him.

"I know you don't like to use your magic, so thanks for using it to save me today." He said, still looking down at the water.

"You know Gray, I won't always be here to save you." I said, looking away. "That's part of the reason I make you do all the work during  missions, I want to make sure you'll be okay if I'm ever not with you."

I looked over at Gray and noticed he was sculpting something with his ice. Once he had gotten it how he liked it, he got up and walked behind me. He wrapped something around my neck then went back and sat down.

"What's this for?" I asked, looking down at the ice pendent that now hung around my neck.

"Even if we aren't in the same place, we will still always be together." He responded, finally looking up at me.

I smiled at the memory, moving my fingers along the pendent. The only modification made was that I enchanted it with some magic that worked to mask magic power. Since may training with the dragons, my magic had increased so much that in order for me to not attract unwanted attention I had to find I way to mask my power. 

Maybe, depending on how this all works out, Gray and I will be able to be friends again.

Hey Guys! Look at me, updating when I said I would! Anyway, here is one of my favorite Ray memories! Oh, and just a btw, I totally ship Gruvia, but for the sake of this story I might have Grayn be a thing. Well, hope you liked it and see you next week!

AJ