Old Friends

NATSU'S POV

Lisanna wasn't wrong, Brooke did seem like Ray, but the rest of the guild just hasn't come to terms with the fact that she's gone, she left and she's never coming back. I sighed, looking around the now empty room.

Back when Ray was here, she was always the one sitting beside me. Whether I was sick or injured, she was always there. It's funny thinking that there was a time when she was shy and wouldn't take to anybody. From stories floating around, Ray hadn't spoken an entire sentence until Lisanna arrived, and nobody could agree on how long Ray had been there. I miss her. She was the first person to not give me a strange look when I said I was looking for a dragon, instead she said she would help me. She introduced me to Fairy Tail, and I don't know where I would be right now if I had never met her.

I walked out the door and into the guild, and that's when I heard it. Lucy talking about when she first met Ray and her run in with Brooke, Gray with the necklace, I just couldn't take it.

"Come on." I yelled to them as I ran out the front door. Lucky for me, they didn't ask and just ran behind me. We ran for a few minutes, twisting and turning around corners following her scent. The more I thought about it, the more I realized that their was something oddly familiar about it. I stopped abruptly when the trail went cold. We were in a large clearing just south of Magnolia. I tried to catch the scent again, but I realized I could no longer smell.

"This only confirms who you really are." I shouted, recounting the time Ray and I first met. Everyone gave me weird glances, but then went back to scanning the clearing.

"I shouldn't be surprised." I heard from behind me. I turned and came face to face with the person I thought I would never see again. She had ditched the black hair and had gone back to forest green. It was Rayn.

RAYN'S POV

"I let too much slip didn't I?" I admitted as they stared at me. Natsu was the first to come to his senses, he took one step forward before I sent him flying back across the clearing. They all looked at me in shock. As much as I hated hurting them, I knew it was for the best.

"R-r-Ray?" Gray said, breaking the silence. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't bring myself to look at him. Instead, I stared at Natsu, no emotion showing in my eyes. I waited, knowing exactly what would happen next. I was right.

Smoke appeared between Natsu and I. When it cleared away, a large dragon stood in its wake.

"About time you showed up." I said to Igneel, who just glared at me.

"You broke your promise." He said, shielding Natsu and the others. Everyone was too shocked to do anything.

"Those promises meant nothing as soon as I discovered the truth." I told him, somehow keeping my voice steady.

"I did you a favor!" He yelled back at me.

Unfazed, I glared at him and replied in a calm tone. "Not about what you did to me Igneel, this is about what you did to him." I nodded my head towards Natsu, which caused him to come back to reality.

" You mean raise me? Because that's exactly what he did!" Natsu yelled at me, moving to stand next to Igneel. Igneel stood there in silence, not knowing what to do next.

Flashback to when Ray was in a coma

"Rayn, there is something you must know about Igneel." Acnologia told me. I turned to face him, curious about what he had to tell me.

"Over 400 years ago, Zeref created a demon known as E.N.D. This demon was his brother, Zeref created it in order to bring him back from the dead. Igneel and the other dragons didn't like the thought of an all-powerful demon walking around, so one night Igneel went and kidnapped the demon with the wish to destroy it. However, the demon part of the boy had not yet been activated, and Igneel could not bring himself to kill it. Just like he had previously done with you, Igneel had stolen a child and used them for his own selfish reasons." He finished.

I sat is silence for a bit before confirming what I had already known.

"Nastu"

He nodded.

End of flashback.

"Were you ever planning on telling him?" I asked him. Natsu looked between me and Igneel confused. With no response, I could feel the anger bubble up inside of me. Igneel must have realized what was going to happen before I did, he pushed Natsu behind himself just as my first attack hit.

"Claw of the death dragon!" I screamed at him, my attack hitting him square in the face. He staggered, then responded with his own claw of the fire dragon. Before the attack could hit me, I summoned my water dragon magic and sent out a water claw, which cased the fire claw to fizzle out into nothingness.

"You made this battle one sided when you insisted on training me." I exclaimed, sending a large wave of water across the large dragon. Before my attack had reached Igneel, I was hit by a fireball that had come from behind the dragon.

"Natsu stay out of this!" Igneel bellowed as he took more and more hits from my water magic. Natsu cowered back, shrinking down like a scolded child. I smirked, this was my chance. I mustered up as much power as I could and sent out my most powerful spell.

Death Dragon Secret Art, Instant Death

With that, Igneel fell to the ground, dead.

So I hear you like cliff hangers. It might be a week or two before another update, but one will come, I promise!

AJ