Gone

"Are you sure this is what you want Rayn?" Master asked me from the other side of his desk.

        "Yes Master, I have truly loved being a part of Fairy Tail, but there are some things that have recently come up that I need to deal with." I told him, looking at the floor. I couldn't bare to look him in the eye as I quit without giving a proper reason, but somethings are just better left unsaid.

        "And, if I can make one final request, Master," I asked, still staring at my shoes.

        "Of course," Master said, looking at me with saddness in his eyes.

        "Don't tell the guild until absolutely necessary." I said, finally looking at him.

NATSU'S POV (Crazy, I'm switching POVS?)

        I was sitting at a table with Erza, Ice- Princess, Lisanna, and Happy like any other normal day at the guild. Erza and Gray were talking about their latest missions, Happy and Lisanna were talking about cooking, (well, Lisanna was, Happy was just thinking about fish) and I was just sitting, taking turns listening in to the others conversations. Normally, things would been pretty even. Erza and Gray, Lisanna and Happy, and me and Ray, yet nobody had seen Ray in a few days, she just kinda disappeared. Whenever anybody asked Rachel if she knew where Ray was, she would just tell us not to worry, Ray was practically S-Class, she could handle herself. It was true the Ray was really good, or so I've been told. Around Fairy Tail, it's kinda an unspoken rule not to ask Ray about her magic, but from the stories going around from the older members, she is truly incredible. 

        Bored of listening to stories about giant spiders and burning fudge, I started listening to peoples' conversations from all around the guild. Dragon Slayers have great hearing, so I can hear most of the guild members pretty clearly. Ray, however, had much better ears then me. Her range of hearing is double, maybe even triple mine, which is truly amazing, of course, it does bring up a lot more questions.

        My thoughts were disrupted when I heard Gramps say something to Rachel that made me very curious. Sure, I've been told many times not to evasdrop, but with ears like mine, it's hard not to.

        "Rachel," I heard Gramps say, "there's something I need to tell you, and you can't tell the members of the guild, alright?" I turned my head to the side, pointing my left ear closer to the bar. I stared out the window ahead of me, hoping to not draw attention.

        "Sure, I understand. Well, what is it?" Rachel asked Gramps in a worried tone.

        "Well, we've recently had a member of Fairy Tail leave. I'm not sure why, but it seemed that there was no convincing her to stay. I could tell it was hard for her, she couldn't look at me and asked me not to tell anyone." Gramps said.

        Just like she read my mind, Rachel asked the important question, "Well, who left?"

        Saddly, Gramps responded with the one name I hoped he wouldn't.

        "Rayn"

        "WHAT!?!?!?"I yelled, bolting up from my seat. At that moment, I didn't care if they knew I was listening, I didn't care if people looked at me strangely. They had to be wrong. They were wrong, I knew it. Ray would never leave us, never. And even if there were a slight chance she did leave, she wouldn't leave without saying goodbye.

        "Natsu, what is it?" Lisanna asked, looking up at me.

        "You're lying, she would never leave Fairy Tail." I said walking towards the bar. Rachel had a sad look on her face while Gramps looked downright guilty.

        "I'm sorry Natsu, but it's the truth. She resigned a few days ago, said there were things she needed to deal with. I'm sorry I didn't say anything sooner, but she asked me not to." Gramps said sadly. I sank to my knees and stared at the ground, feeling tears roll down my cheeks and splatter against the wood floor.

        "What are you talking about, who left?" Gray asked, walking up behind me.

        "Ray," I said quietly,"Ray left."

Kinda short, I know. I have Finals this week and I wanted to get a chapter out, so here it is. What do you think about Ray leaving? Do you think she will come back after her training? Why didn't she say goodbye to her friends? Anyway, on a good note, I have this entire story planned all the way to the end, I guess all I have to do now is actually update. Well, that's it for now, See you in the next chapter!