Problem

'I told them not to take this job' I thought as I ran along the dark corridor. Natsu, Erza, and Gray had convinced me to join them on a job to investigate a haunted castle in the mountains about 2 days travel from Magnolia. I couldn't really give them a reason why they shouldn't take this job, but deep down I just had a really bad feeling. Turns out, I had every reason to have a bad feeling. Upon arrival, we discovered that it wasn't overrun by ghosts, but a dark guild instead. Currently, I was running through the entire castle looking for my comrads, for they had been captured and taken away. 

        "There was another one, wasn't there?" I heard someone say ahead of me. I stopped running and put my back up against the wall. The corridor was dimly lit, so staying out of the way was my best chance of not being detected. 

        "Yeah, we should- hey, what's that over there, by the wall?" Crap. I turned to run when a large wall appeared infront of me.

        "You're not going anywhere sweetheart. Now let's see, what am I going to do with you." The first man said, walking toward me. 

        "Stay back, I don't want to have to hurt you. Just tell me where my friends are and I'll let you go unharmed." I told them.

        "Oh, you're gonna threaten us, are you? Well, they never said we had to keep you alive. You see, Hank here uses poison magic, meaning he can realese whatever poison he wants into the air." Seeing that there was no where for me to go, I mentally prepared for the fact that I would have to use my magic, therefore ending these guys lives. Before I could do anything, the two men were suddenly attacked.

        "Run Ray! I got these guys, go ahead and get Gray and Erza, they're just down the hall," Natsu said as he punched the first guy in the face. As he turned to face the guy called Hank, I realized that a green vapor was oozing from him.

        "Natsu NOOOOOO!" I screamed, he looked over at me with a confused expression, then fell to the floor. 

        "What did you do to him?" I screamed at him. He smiled wickedly and stepped over Natsu, coming towards me. Due to how angry I was, I didn't have complete control over what I was doing. I stared him in the eye and felt my power surging through me. I pointed my right hand towards him and black mist surrounded me. Without batting an eye, the black mist flashed over to him and engulfed him. His eyes rolled to the back of his head and he fell to the ground, dead. 

        "Natsu." I said allowed as I ran up to him. I bent down and put my fingers up to his neck, making sure he was still alive. I sighed in relief when I felt his pulse, though it wasn't as strong as normal. Knowing I had to act quickly, I picked up Natsu and began to fast walk down the hallway towards the door Natsu said the others were in. Once I got there, I noticed Erza and Gray had taken care of the rest of the guild, who were all tied up in the center of the room.

        "I'm heading to Lowell, it's a town just at the bottom of the mountain. Natsu's been poisoned and needs help as soon as possible," I told them, turning to leave.

        "Let me come with you," Gray said, following me.

        "You and Erza need to stay here and keep them captured. I will send you some help when I get down the mountain, I think Master should be coming through here soon, since he is coming back from the meeting." I said, continuing down the hallway.

        After I finally made it to Lowell, I dropped Natsu off at the local doctor's house and then went to find if Master was here yet. As I was walking along a dark path surrounded by trees, I began to feel faint. I walked over to one of the trees and sat down, waiting for it to pass. That's when I passed out.

        I was in a weird place. It was beautiful, yet something felt odd about it. I was standing on the shore of a calm lake, the night sky reflecting in the clear water. Behind me was a forest full of tall, green pine trees, dark in the night. Across the lake I could see the tall, dark outlines of many mountains. 

        "Where am I, and why am I here," I asked no one in particular. Suddenly, I heard a voice from above me.

        "Rayn, you are in the Dragon Relm, and you are here because it is time we tell you your mission," the voice said. The dragon relm, my mission? I looked up and saw a large, brown-red dragon looking down at me.

        " Igneel, King of the Fire Dragons, what do you mean my mission?" I asked him. I'm not really sure how I knew who he was, but I didn't question it, I seemed to know a lot about dragons and dragon slayers.

        "Your true reason for being. The mission you were assigned before you were born. You were assigned to protect the dragon slayers, doing anything to keep them alive. The reason you were brought here was because a dragon slayer had sacrificed themselves for you, and almost died because of it." What? I was assigned to protect the dragon slayers? Why? Why me? Why do they need protecting?

        "You need to be able to do other types of magic, so I strongly recommend you stay here for a while. We have dragons that use many different types of magic that we believe that you should know."

        "How long will it take?" I asked Igneel, noticing the other dragons as the sun began to rise.

        "Time here goes faster then time on earthland, but it will take about 8 and 1/2 earth years."

        "Let me go back first, I need to finish this mission and tell my guild master I'm leaving the guild," I told him. He nodded and opened a portal leading back to the tree I was leaning against before. I turned away from the dragons and walked through the portal, sighing at the sudden change my life had taken.

YAY I UPDATED!!!!!! I am hoping to get onto a better writting schedual, but who knows if I actually will. What do you think about Ray? Didn't expect that, did you? Maybe you did, the title is Savior of the Slayers, so I can understand if you did see it coming. Anyway, see you in the next chapter!

-AJ