Reminiscing about the Past

It's been three days since I left behind everything I knew. I quit the guild and hopped on a train, leaving Magnolia behind. I had so many wonderful memories from that town, like the time Gray froze the stream in the middle of summer so we could go ice skating, then Natsu got angry since he was very good, so he melted it. Or the time Natsu and I went on a mission to find a rich guy's runaway daughter, but Natsu backed out since I refused to walk the entire way with him. I'm still in touch with that girl, actually. When I found her, she explained to me her situation and begged me to let her go. I told her father there were no leads but I would let him know if I discovered anything. My only warning to her was that if her father was already putting in job requests to guilds, the search to bring her back might get ugly. She thanked me and said that she doubted that would happen. I decided to let it go, she was a hopeful girl who pictured guilds as great, holy places, and I didn't have the heart to break that illusion. 

        Deep in thought, I barely realized that I had made it to the meeting spot, the tree at which the portal had first opened. I walked up to the tree and looked at my watch, ten to one. Since I had ten minutes to kill, I sat up against the tree and began to go through all my wonderful memories of Magnolia and Fairy Tail. 

        I joined Fairy Tail when I was seven. Though Master didn't know what magic I used, he saw the potential I had and let me join anyway. Very few people were in the guild when I joined that are still in the guild, but it was enough for the stories to go around. When I joined Fairy Tail, I will admit, I was extremely shy. The conversation I had with Master when I joined was probably the longest conversation I had for a few years. At first, everybody tried really hard to break me out of my shell, but nothing ever worked. Then, one day, three siblings entered the guild, Elfman, Mirajane, and Lisanna. Everyone was thrilled with how quickly I progressed with Lisanna around, I was suddenly talking and laughing with the rest of the guild. They were all saying I was just happy to have someone my age in the guild, but it's more then that. There is just something about Lisanna that makes you want to talk with her, to laugh with her, to be friends with her. 

        About a year after Lisanna joined is when Gray came. I wasn't the type of person to go right up and introduce myself like Lisanna, but I felt like I knew exactly what he felt like. He was shy and alone, so I did what I felt like I needed to do, I told him he wasn't alone. 

        Many people joined the guild between Gray, Erza, and Natsu, yet for some reason I was just drawn to them. I loved Gray and Natsu's unusual friendship, though they hate to admit that they're friends. One does fire magic while the other does ice? It's a match made in heaven! And of course Erza to keep the peace, she hated it when they would fight, though I found it pretty entertaining. Then of course we had Lisanna. I will say, her and Natsu definetly hit it off. Their relationship is the kind of relationship that will never break, no matter what. Lisanna would always joke about the two of them getting married one day, but I think they both know that will never happen, their relationship is a strong friendship, not a romance. And finally, how can I forget Happy. I remember the day Natsu came running into the guild with the egg, he was so happy! I will say, it was really cute watching Lisanna try to help Natsu hatch it, most people thought all Natsu could do was destory things. 

        For whatever reason, I don't have any memories from before I joined Fairy Tail. The earliest memory I have was waking up under a tree one night, and walking directly towards Fairy Tail. At the time, I had no idea who I was or where I was going, I just let my feet carry me. Of course, I haven't told anyone this, my answer was always that I didn't want to talk about it, when in reality I had nothing to talk about.

        As I came back to reality, I realized my checks were wet with tears. I wiped them away and looked at my watch again. 1 o'clock. I stood up and faced the tree, waiting for the portal to open leading me to the next many years of my life.

 WHAT? Updates two days in a row? CRAZY! Well in the chapter we learned a bit of Ray's past with the guild. Who do you think the girl is that Ray helped? I know you know exactly who it is. Anyway, see you in the next chapter!

-AJ