Ice Mage

Lisanna and I were sitting at a table in the left part of the guild. She was telling me a story about the time when Elfman was baking a cake and accidentally turned the mixer on too high. Long story short, their kitchen was coated in flour for a month! We were so caught up in the story we almost didn't hear the guild door open.
A dark haired boy was standing in the doorway. The sad look in his eyes told me he had been through hard times. He appeared to be around my age, maybe a little older. Lisanna, being Lisanna, got right up and walked up to him.
"Hi! I'm Lisanna! I'm a Mage here at Fairy Tail, I do Takeover Magic. What about you?" The boy just kind of shrugged her off and awkwardly stood there. Luckily, Master arrived to save her from the situation.
"Ah, you must be Gray, I've been expecting you. Why don't you follow me, we can talk in my office." Master said, gesturing the boy to follow.
"Well, that was kind of rude," Lisanna said as she slide into the booth across from me.
"So he's shy, what's wrong with that?" I asked her.
"I asked a simple question, it shouldn't have been that hard to answer," she said matter-of-factly.
" Just drop it Lisanna. You need to accept that not everybody is like you," I said angrily.
" Shesh, what's your problem? Look, I'm sorry I angered you, even though I don't know why you're so angry over this." Lisanna replied.
After sitting in silence for what seemed like an eternity, I decided to take a job. I got up from the booth and walked over to the request board. I picked a simple job that called for ridding of a wolf pack that has been killing sheep just outside of Magnolia. I snatched the flier and brought it up to Rachel.

Rachel was a pretty, young girl who worked at the guild. Though she was not a wizard, she was a close friend of Masters, therefore she was still allowed to help out.
" Really, out of all the jobs, this is the one you chose? You're practically S class!" Rachel said, giving me her are-you-serious look.
" I'm hardly S class Rachel, but thanks. And yeah, I just wanted something easy." I replied, making my way out of the guild.

AFTER THE JOB

"Well, that was easy," I said to myself as I walked along a small creek back towards Magnolia. The creek was surrounded by a beautiful meadow, full of colorful flowers. Up ahead, I saw a small, dark figure sitting by the creek side. As I got closer, I realized the figure was the boy from the guild earlier.
" You're Gray, right? I said, sitting down next to him. He looked over at me, slightly jumping.
" Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. Anyway, I'm not sure if the reason you came to the guild today was because you wanted to join, but just know that if you do, we're all family, so you can always talk to us." I said, getting up. As I continued walking down the thin dirt path, I heard footsteps behind me.

" Yeah, I'm Gray. I'm a Ice Maker Wizard, and your newest family member."

Thus began a great friendship.

Awwww! I love imagining everyone when they were little! It's soooo cute! And Lisanna is actually a super awesome person, but the convo is a setup for later!
-AJ