10. Forget About It

Songs for this chapter:

1. I'm Good-The Mowgli's

2. Skinny Love-Bon Iver

3. Someone New-Hozier

.........................................................................................................

Rosalyn POV. 

Harry seemed upset. I didn't want to pry, but I was hoping he would end up telling me what was wrong. I wanted to help. Even if I wasn't completely invested in whatever we had, I still wanted to get to know him. I liked him, even if I knew we wouldn't be in each other's lives for too long. Might as well enjoy the fun while it lasted.

We decided to just walk for a while. It was only about seven in the evening, and there were lots of people out and about. We pretty much had the sidewalk to ourselves, but it didn't feel as empty as when we were out late at night last week. I had my arm looped through his like last time, and my hair kept smacking his cheek as the wind blew. He didn't even seem to mind. I could tell Harry enjoyed my company just as much as I enjoyed his, and that scared me. I hoped he only saw me as a fling, because that's all I saw him as. We just couldn't be anything more. It wasn't good timing for that. 

I still hoped he kissed me by the end of the evening. 

"So, have you written at all?" he asked suddenly as continued to walk. 

"Yeah, actually," I answered cautiously. I obviously wasn't going to tell him exactly what I was writing about, but I could at least let him know I was writing. "I've had some really good ideas recently, I just hope I can get them out right."

"I understand. I've been feeling the same way," he nodded, his eyes distant. He seemed lost. 

"Have you been writing?" I asked gently, hoping he'd open up.

"We're not talking about me, remember?" he smiled down at me, no hint of annoyance or anger present. "But yeah, I have."

"Can I hear it sometime?" I asked, tightening my arm around his. 

"Of course!" he grinned. "I'd love to have someone outside of One Direction and crew hear it."

"Awesome," my smile matched his. 

"So, tell me about you, Ros." 

"I've already told you pretty much everything," I laughed. 

"No, you've told me facts about yourself," he shook his head. "What about you, though? What do you love?"

I thought about it for a solid minute as we continued to walk with no destination in mind. This was what I loved. I loved living my life with no plan but to be happy. I loved hanging out with someone like Harry Styles, and realizing he wasn't a jerk like I thought all celebrities were. I loved that even though we were spotted and made it into the tabloids, it wasn't a huge story. No one really cared what Harry did anymore unless it was about One Direction getting back together. Some of his fans were freaking out, but there was no hysteria or anything. I loved that we could be this way. We could walk through New York City with little trouble. He would stop to meet a fan every now and then, but other than that, I had him to myself. I loved being with someone who wouldn't judge me, and knew I wouldn't judge him. I loved that we made each other comfortable and encouraged each other to follow our own dreams, and not the dreams my parents wanted for me or the dreams Louis wanted for Harry. 

I didn't say any of this, of course. 

"I love being happy," I responded. "When I was little, I would go outside on the weekends and climb trees and just pretend the world was perfect. I'd be all alone, but I'd be happy. It was like the one time I wasn't at tennis lessons or piano recitals or studying my ass off, even in fourth grade. And now, I feel like that little girl again. I'm just enjoying life with no real restrictions, and it's awesome."

Life of Mine. [Harry Styles]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara