20. Breaking the Ice

Songs for this chapter:

1. Fireproof-One Direction

2. Nobody Love-Tori Kelly

3. Outlaws-Alessia Cara

..........................................................................................................

Rosalyn POV. 

I woke up the next morning to Harry, the man I love terribly, setting coffee and a small bag on the beside table. He was dressed in tight jeans and a Rolling Stones t-shirt, and smelled faintly of cologne, clearly having gone out. I sat up, rubbing my tired eyes and leaning forward to kiss his cheek.

"Good morning sunshine," he chuckled as I struggled to keep my eyes open. "I brought you a mocha and a cinnamon roll."

"Thank you, babe," I grinned, leaning forward to press my lips to his softly. "How did you sleep?"

"Wonderfully," he sipped his own coffee. "And you?"

"Perfect," I sighed contentedly, leaning in for another kiss. I wanted to kiss him all day. And tell him I loved him.

Shit, I should probably tell him that little piece of information at some point. 

But not now. Right now, I was just going to enjoy the blissful time we still had. I wasn't going to ruin it by telling him I loved him when he may not even love me back. We hadn't known each other that long, and I didn't want to scare him off.

But he was the love of my life, in all honesty. He was my rock. With him, I was completely myself. I was carefree and passionate and loving and happy. Even more so, I was sharing it with the man I loved so dearly. Harry was cautious. He was careful not to hurt anyone, and loved too much. But he was also hilarious and adventurous and kind. I wanted him in my life forever. And he deserved to know that. Still, I would wait. 

"Will you hang out with me today?" I requested, so happy that he was back in my life. 

"Of course, love," he nodded. "Niall and Emily are hanging out over at your apartment, we could just join them?"

I wanted alone time with Harry, but I'm sure that could wait until later in the evening. 

"Sounds great," I agreed. I would sacrifice a bit of alone time to build up friendship between the four of us. "Kiss me again?"

He chuckled teasingly before leaning in to press his lips to mine. Soft, warm, and loving as always. I almost blurted out those three words right then and there, but quickly stopped myself.

"Hey, Ros?" he breathed, pulling back a few inches. "Can I tell you something?"

"Yeah," I nodded, hoping he'd tell me what I so desperately wanted to tell him. He placed two fingers under my chin, tilting my head slightly so my eyes met his. God, he was so lovely. 

"I..." he began. 

"Harry!" I heard Louis' voice call. 

Damn him. 

"Yeah?" Harry called back, a sad look in his eyes. 

Louis burst in the room a moment later, an amused look on his face. He always seemed to be amused. 

"We're all having game night at Rosalyn and Emily's apartment tonight," he informed him. "Oh, hey Rosalyn!"

"Hi Louis," I laughed, taking a bite of my food.

"We're having game night tonight at your place tonight," he repeated with a smirk. "See you at eight."

"See you later, Lou," Harry waved and Louis got the hint. After he left, I desperately tried to make Harry finish his thought.