21. All Together

Songs for this chapter:

1. Running for Cover-Ivan & Alyosha

2. Seventeen-Alessia Cara

3. Rise-Selena Gomez

.......................................................................................................................

Rosalyn POV. 

I didn't call my parents back the next day. I was too hungover to listen to my mom scream at me, so I texted her and told her I would call her soon. She wasn't too happy about it, but I didn't give a damn. Harry spent the entire day helping me get over my hangover, bringing me coffee and food and playing with my hair. I felt like he did this way too often. 

The next day, I realized I had to be a big girl. I got out of bed and stumbled into the shower, letting the scolding water wake me up. I washed my hair twice, used both a body wash and a sea salt scrub, and even did a face mask. I was going to treat myself before my parents freaked out on me. After my shower, I blow-dried my hair, put on makeup, and dressed in nice jeans and a cute top from H&M. I planned to go shopping with Emily after calling my mother as retail therapy. Before I called my mother, of course, I texted Harry.

To Harry: Calling my mom ughhhh wish me luck?

From Harry: You've got this babe. Just remember, they love you and everything will be fine. xx

I smiled, butterflies floating in my stomach as I switched to my contacts to call my mother. Before I could call them, there was a knock at the door. Since Emily was in the shower, I had to answer it. 

And there stood my parents in front of me, dressed like they were going to an important business meeting. 

This could not be happening. Why were they here? How did they even know where I lived? 

"Mom? Dad?" I squinted, not letting them in. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"Don't use that tone of voice with us, young lady," my mother snapped, entering the apartment on her own.

"Hey, kiddo," dad gave me a sympathetic smile and kissed my cheek. 

"Would you mind telling me why you're here?" I decided to skip the argument and just pretend to be nice as we all sat in the living room.

"We figured trying to talk to you would be easier in person," my father began, attempting to diffuse the tension between my mother and I. 

"I'm listening," I crossed my arms, waiting. 

"We just wanted," dad sighed before continuing. "Well, I just wanted to tell you how proud I am."

"Excuse me?" I blurted, as that was the last thing I expected him to say. 

"You heard me," he smiled softly. "I never expected you to be this independent so quickly. Even when we assumed you'd join our business, we figured it would take quite a while for you to really do it on your own. And now, look at you. You're living your dream."

"But you didn't want this for me," I reminded my stubborn parents.

"Yes, we did," dad chuckled. "We went about this all wrong. Yes, we were disappointed but we were too damn stubborn to realize that we'd rather see you happy, Ros. Are you happy?"

I reflected on my current life briefly. Working for an amazing boss, writing a novel, dating the love of my life, living with my best friend...hell yes I was happy.