33. Compromise

Songs for this chapter:

You pick.

.......................................................................................................

Rosalyn POV.

A few days later, I got ready for work extra early. It was a beautiful Autumn day in the city, complete with colorful trees and and a cool breeze. Emily had lit a few apple-scented candles and had a fall playlist on Spotify playing on the speakers. She was getting ready to go talk to some design-related people about starting her career, and I was going to ask Caroline about going on tour today. It was a big day, but I would face it with the people I loved. 

"I'm so nervous," Emily took a deep breath as we made breakfast together in the kitchen.

"I am, too," I admitted, accidentally spilling way too much creamer into my coffee. "But it'll be okay, what's the worst that could happen to either of us?"

"Hmmm," Emily pretended to contemplate it. "Everyone could hate my designs and tell me to look for a different career, crushing my dreams. And for you? Well, Caroline could say no and you and Harry could break up again."

"Emily!" I snapped. "Please try to be positive!"

"Sorry," she threw her hands up defensively. 

"Let's think about the best things that could happen," I suggested. "Everyone could love your designs and give you great advice on how to get started, and Caroline could say yes to me, causing Harry and I to be an even stronger couple."

"I hope you're right," she bit her lip nervously. "I'm gonna go ahead and get going. I can't stay here any longer."

"What about breakfast?" I asked, motioning to her fruit bowl she'd spent so much time on. 

"I'll take it to go," she shrugged, hugging me quickly. "Best of luck!"

"You too," I called to her as she scurried out the door. 

                                                                               ~                           ~                          ~

"So, you want to go on tour?" Caroline finally asked after I finished explaining my request.

"If it's too much trouble, I totally understand," I began to ramble, as usual. "I just...I want to write still but I also want to be with Harry so badly, and I understand if I just can't have everything I want, but I at least had to ask-"

"You can go." she granted, cutting me off.

What?

"What?" I voiced my thoughts. "I...I can go?"

"On one condition," she said sternly, and I nodded. "Finish your book and hand it in before you go. Like, way before. I'll have a proper deadline ready. Writing is obviously what's important to you, not editing, and you're a damn good writer."

"I can do that," I grinned. "Thank you so much!"

She stood up to hug me tightly before sending me to my desk to start working for the day. I couldn't believe this was happening. Once again, my dreams were coming true.

I immediately pulled out my phone to text Harry.

To Harry: CAROLINE SAID YES!!!!

From Harry: Baby, that's the best news I've heard all day. Pack those bags.

To Harry: The tour doesn't start till April hun, it's a bit early to start packing :)

From Harry: Never too early. By the way, Louis says he's gonna make your life a living hell the entire tour 'cause you're gonna be his #1 prank target.