17. Conversation

Songs for this chapter:

1. Young Love-Gavin DeGraw

2. Syndicate-The Fray

3. History-One Direction

..............................................................................................................

Rosalyn POV.

I woke up to the sun fighting its way past the curtains and Harry still holding me tightly. It was hot in his bed, with our bodies tangled together and a thick comforter covering us. I still couldn't believe I slept with him this soon, but I didn't regret it. He was so selfless the entire time, and cuddled me after. I wasn't ready to admit exactly how I felt about Harry, but it was a good start.

Harry stirred beneath me some time later, and I nuzzled further into him. I was in no way prepared to leave this bed, and didn't want him too, either. I would have to eventually because I was meeting Caroline for coffee at two, but I wanted to cuddle until then. His eyes fluttered open, meeting mine, and I placed a kiss on his jaw.

"Good morning," he muttered, his thumb drawing circles on my back.

"Hi," I smiled back, lying my head on his shoulder again. "How'd you sleep?"

"Better than I ever have," he responded, moving his hand up and down my back. "You?"

"Same," I answered, nuzzling my face into his neck. "What time is it?"

He checked his phone before letting me know it was already eleven a.m. I groaned, realizing I would need to get home soon to shower and get ready for coffee with Caroline.

"I need to leave soon," I whined. "I'm meeting Caroline at two."

"Can I make you breakfast before you leave? I guess it's kind of lunch time now anyway." He requested, continuing to let his fingers roam my bare back.

"I'd love that," I nodded into his neck before sitting up.

After brushing our teeth and putting on shirts, we made our way into the kitchen. I sat on the counter and watched as he made omelets with mushrooms and feta cheese. He scolded me playfully a few times for being in his way again, and I told him he'd better get used to it. He was too endearing to watch for me to sit anywhere else.

"Are you done yet?" I whined, poking his shoulder. He simply chuckled before flipping the omelet onto a plate.

"Nope," he shook his head, taking the plate away from me. "You're not just getting an omelet."

He proceeded to chop up fruit and put it on the side of the omelet.

"Would you like bacon as well?" he asked, pouring me a cup of coffee.

"So hospitable," I grinned, reaching for the plate. "But no thank you, this is perfect."

"Kiss first," he requested and I obliged, kissing his lips gently. I would probably never get tired of doing that.

"You know, we haven't been doing a lot of writing together," I reminded him in between bites. "That's kind of the whole point in Caroline setting us up."

"We can start doing that again soon," he agreed, eating his own omelet. "I have a lot of songs started, but I should actually finish some of them."

"I'd love to hear them soon," I reminded him.

"You will," he promised with a soft smile.

We spent the next hour or so eating together and watching the news on the couch. I was so content, so relieved just to be this close to him. He was good for me, and I was so glad I was admitting it. I was happy, and life was good. I would continue to chase my dreams, but even the present was exactly what I wanted.