[1] we're back!

For a moment I didn't know where I was. But then the same grey walls appeared in front of my eyes. I was on the Ark, in a small cell of the Sky Box. Just another girl in the crowd. An ordinary girl. But just for a moment, in my dream, I was sonething else. I was loved and strong, a quality that, unfortunately I didn't have. If possessed, maybe now I would have been free.
But no, I wasn't any brave or strong, for the deception of Christian, my brother. He would wanted to be brave, like him, but I wasn't, that's all. I stared at the walls. I know them for all my life, but now they are full of little drawings. Mine. I watched the face of Chris, painted with grey pencil and his face... that face that I couldn't forget since I saw him for the first time. How could someone forget the face of his last hope?
The door slammed against the wall and two guardians appeared.

"Prisoner 215, face against the wall".

"No, you can't do this, please. I only have 17 years, there must be a mistake. It's not my time" I cried when the guard made his way towards me.

"Against the wall, prisoner".

"I will be floated, right?" I asked full of despair.

"You are sent on the Earth" said the other guardian on a soft voice. "C'mon now, be a good girl and let me put this wristband on your hand." he added.

I had a little spasm when I felt the pain in the moment when the nice guardian put the metal wristband on my hand, but then, just in a blink of an eye the pain was gone.

"Good girl, see? Now keep this and make sure you don't lose it, okay?" and he gave me a bag, then the guards made me a sign to follow them outside.

If I were brave I should try to escape, to run or even to attack them but I followed them in silence not even making a noise. I was too scared. If the nice guard have right, why sent  me on Earth? But when I was outside of my cell I saw a lot of teens that were locked on the Sky Box fighting, crying and screaming when all of them were followed by guards. They sent all of us on Earth? Why? I kept the silence and followed the guards. What point to ask something?! Our lives were decided by the council so were was the point?

The nice guard opened a door and he helped me to sit on a chair and he put a belt around me.

"Good luck, little cat" he said smiling.
"Stay alive!"

When he left I recognise him as Peeta, one of the friends of Christian. Of course he was nice with me.

Then I realized what happened. I was in a damn dropship ready to be sent to the Earth. The Earth, the planet that almost 100 years ago was destroyed by a nuclear war and everybody on the Ark said that the Earth needs another 100 years to heal completely, which means another four space locked generations. And now they sent us on Earth, where we could die in any moment. So that were the posibilities: we all gone die there because of the toxic air, or they could live but I would die because of the bad air, or we could be killed by anything that was there. Stop it, I ordered to myself. We all gonna live, and I need to think optimistic. But the fear was there and it was growing with every second that passed. And the people around me were scared too. Then the sound of a crash was heard.

"What was that?" asked someone.

"That was atmosphere".

In exactly that moment on a screen appeared the face of our leader, Thelonius Jaha.

"Prisoners of the Ark, hear me now.You've been given a second chance, and as your Chancellor it is my hope that you see this as not just a chance for you,but as a chance for all of us, indeed for mankind itself. We have no idea what is waiting for you down there. If the odds of survival were better we would've sent others. Frankly, we're sending you because your crimes have made you expendable". Sure Jaha, because being born is such a terrible crime, right? And seems like I am not the only one who hates him because a boy shouted too dad that the Chancellor "was a dick."