[5] there has to be consequences

My dad wasn't very happy when he heard what happened. And my brother either. They kept telling me that I put myself in danger unnecessarily.

"I always disliked this guy, Blake."

"Dad... This guy saved my life for more times than I can count. I'm more than sure that if it wasn't him I already had been dead since my first days here." I responded as I played with a pencil. My dad threw me a ugly gaze and I scoffed.

"He deserves to be punished... Kitty, he tried to kill the Chancellor."

"I know, dad. But still, like I said he saved my life many times."

I still wanted to add something but then my father was called to a meeting with the council, because my dad was a counsellor.

"What's happening between you and Blake?"

"What?" I asked keeping my gaze on the blank page.

"You are always with him. The way how he is looking at you and the way he is reaching your hand... And you changed."

"Nothing happens between us. And of course I changed. You change when you are fighting every second for your life." I hissed and I left my room letting my brother alone.

Outside, everyone heard that Jaha returned with a message from grounders part and they were there, waiting for a word.

"By now you've all heard the rumor, and unfortunately, it's true. The grounders are coming. We have a difficult decision to make.
Thankfully, Chancellor Jaha has found his way back to us, and we're discussing all options." explained Abby.

Looking around I saw Finn near Clarke and I made a grimace. He caused this.

"But to be safe... You need to pack. Now. Whatever you can carry. We may need to leave at a moment's notice." added Jaha.

"Where will we go?" asked an old man.

"I don't know, is the answer," answered Jaha looking at the crowd. "but I heard of a place. A City of Light. It's across the dead zone."

"What makes you think we'll make it there?" asked another man.

"Because we made it here. I have faith, and right now, given the alternative, that's good enough for me."

"Not for us," interrupted my blonde friend Jaha's speech, "if we leave here, what happens to our people in Mount Weather?"

"As your mother said... that is a very difficult decision to make. Is this how the story of our people ends? Did we come all this way just to die tomorrow? Because if we're not gone by the time that sun rises, that's exactly what will happen."

"It's not like you are bunch of teenagers with only 25 rifles that fought once again the Grounders." I said looking at Abby.

"But how many died, Miss Alvarez?" asked angrily Jaha. He expected Clarke to speak, but me?

"Less than the ones you killed to get more oxygen," I added crossing my arms over my chest. "And less than our friends that are in Mount Weather."

"No decision's been made. In the meantime, please report to your station supervisor and gather emergency supplies." added Abby.

Just when I was trying to get to Abby to ask her where I was supposed to report taking the fact that all my life in lived in the Sky Box I felt a hand over my right shoulder. I turned around and I saw Bellamy and Clarke. I jumped in his arms and he smiled hugging me shortly.

"Where have you been?" I asked him. I didn't saw him since the incident with Lincoln and I missed him.

"In the dropship."