[13] we are grounders

"What the hell happened there, Kit-Cat?" asked Octavia for the third time in the last three minutes while she was bandaging the small cut that was on my forehead.

"Like I said, I don't know. I was with Monty and we were turning around because we couldn't find you and then we saw the smoke. Then I woke up with that awful pain on my head and then I heard Bellamy's voice and I could see only darkness. Then I woke up back at the camp. I don't know what happened to Monty or why he disappeared. Octavia. I am alright, O. They need my help." Octavia tried to stop me but I threw her an ugly stare and I rushed outside. I didn't say a word to Raven but I started to help her to put landmines outside the gate. She tried to speak with me but I ignored her.

"Come on. These foxholes aren't gonna build themselves. Better hope those landmines work. All the gunpowder we're wasting, we could be making grenades." said Bellamy a few hours later making my blood to boil.

"You want to come over and test one? I'm pretty sure they are going to work with you." I spat. I was still upset with him and tired.

"Cute. I need this entire section mined by morning. Then you finish the south field."

"Hey! I told you, we're going after Finn, Clarke and Monty in the morning. I help Raven to plant the landmines, you help me to search them."

"And I told you, Princess, nobody leaves this camp."

"Bellamy. Trust me, I'm going to search for them with or without you. I don't care about your stupid rules and maybe you don't give a damn about them but I do. You can do whatever the hell you want." Bellamy fixed me with his gaze and I was about to add something else but then heard a gunshot was heard. " Whoa! What the hell was that?" I asked confused.

"Hey... What the hell is the matter with you?" asked Bellamy a boy that was standing on a tree watching the woods.

"I'm sorry, man. I fell asleep. I've been on watch all day!"

"We've all been on watch all day!" he screamed approaching to the tree. "That bullet was one less dead grounder."

"Bellamy," I said lowly and I put my hand over his arm. "Calm down. You are scaring them."

"They should be scared! The bomb on the bridge bought us some time to prepare, but that time is up! The grounders are out there right now, waiting for us to leave and picking us off one by one when we do! Clarke, Finn, and Monty, are gone, probably dead, and if you want to be next, I can't stop you, but no guns are leaving this camp! This camp is the only thing keeping us alive. Get back to work!" I scoffed and I crossed my arms trying to show him that I was decided to go after my friends. "You too, Princess!" he screamed at me pointing with his finger landmines. I just ignored him and I returned back to the dropship. My stomach was aching and I needed food. "Don't you think I want to go after them, too?"

"If it was you out there, you think that Monty, Clarke or Finn, would hide behind these walls, giant?

"No. They'd go after me. Then they'd be dead, too. I am doing what I think is right for the group."

"It's funny, you didn't think that way when Octavia and I went missing. And they're not dead, Bellamy." I spoke and as I headed for the stairs that leaded to the second level of the dropship. Two minutes around him and I already wanted to break his head.

"Where are you going?"

"More gunpowder for your minefield... sir," I replied harshly. "Besides, I need to eat and right now I can't stand to stay around you."

"Kitty Blue, we have to talk."

"What about? About how you leave them to die? I don't wanna talk with you. And be sure that I will go outside to search them." I said and then I climbed the stairs. I stood there a while and when I decided that it was enough and Bellamy wasn't around anymore I decided to get down to ask Octavia to come with me to look for them. Maybe I was sufficiently brave to ignore Bellamy's orders but I wasn't crazy to go alone into the woods. Not having an attack, with everything that happened in the last days was a miracle my I didn't want to test my body resistance too much. I had to be prepared for the war with the Grounders.