eleven

liberty's pov

i decide to leave tyler to cool off for a while and just get ready for josh and i's first date tonight, which i'm super excited about.

josh hasn't told me what we will be doing so i dress smart-casual, wearing a denim button down skirt, burgundy jumper and black converse.

i apply my usual make up before grabbing everything i need and walking downstairs to see josh ready and waiting for me.

"you look good." i whisper, not wanting tyler to hear me.

"you do too." he says, smiling and taking my hand.

i smile back and we walk out of josh's apartment but it doesn't feel right, i feel awful for tyler.

i mean, i'm leaving without even saying goodbye.

"sorry, i uh-" i begin.

"what's the problem?" josh asks, just about to shut the door.

"i-i need to speak to tyler, i'll be like two minutes i swear." i say and run to tyler's room.

tyler's pov

the door opens, revealing a flustered looking liberty.

i put down my notepad and paper, on which i have been writing a new song, i think i'll call it 'tear in my heart.'

she slowly walks over to me and i stand up from the bed which i have been sat on for the last few hours.

then the unexpected happens, liberty falls into my arms, i just sigh and wrap my arms around her.

"i'm so sorry tyler." she says quietly.

"i love you. i just want the best for you, lib." i say and she pulls away and gives me a quick smile.

"i love you too tyjo. thank you." liberty replies.

but she doesn't love me. she only sees me as a friend. that's all i'll ever be, i'm hopelessly boring and she's endlessly fascinating. so i walk back to my bed and collapse onto it, thinking that if people were rain, i'm drizzle and she's a hurricane.

author's note

yEs i just used a john green quote but i love 'looking for alaska' ok.

also i have a new book! it's joshler and it's in texting format, it's called kik! if you could check it out it would mean a lot.

also it doesn't mean that i will be updating any less on this book, this book is my main priority :-)

thank you for 400 reads!
this is crazy!
thanks for reading, stay street.
|-/