seveteen

liberty's pov

"josh,

i'm not sure what to say other than thank you, for everything. housing tyler and i, the amazing concert and providing us with everything we needed; wether it was just food or someone to talk to.

during the past week you've changed my perspective on a lot of things, probably without even realising it. you proved to me that there is always someone out there who cares and is willing to help. you are one of those people, josh, you're a beautiful person. i want you to remember that.

i don't know when our paths will cross again, so this is goodbye for now, but not forever.

i'm liberty. i run away from my problems. and i'm at it again. i'm the violence in the pouring rain. i'm a hurricane and i destroy everything in my path. i'm sorry. i love you."

i sigh and leave the letter for josh on the table, along with his spare key i had borrowed and $50. he'd been so kind.

i don't want to hurt him, if i stick around that may happen. josh doesn't deserve to be hurt.

so in that moment i grab my rucksack and walk out of the door, thankful that i'd be seeing tyler within the next 30 minutes.

author's note

congrats if you get the halsey reference!! ^.^

i love everything about her song hurricane so i wanted to put it in here somewhere.

thank you so much for reading! stay unlit <3

7/2/16