fourteen

liberty's pov

i wake the next morning to tyler creeping slowly into my room.

"goodmorning." he nervously smiles.

i return a small sleepy smile from under my warm duvet.

"liberty.." tyler begins, he rarely uses my full name. "i'm sorry to wake you but you need to come see this."

i groan but decide to get up, due to the tension in my friend's voice.

"don't be scared. or loud; josh is still asleep." he explains as he takes my hand and we walk downstairs to the lounge.

we sit down on the couch and he turns on the tv, the news channel comes on.

"one of two columbus teenagers that have been missing for eight days was seen last night." the news lady begins.

i look at tyler in shock and he puts an arm around me, pulling me close as we continue to watch the report.

"a girl believed to be liberty hadley was see at the shottenstein centre last night with an unknown man, however tyler joseph has not been seen since the day of their disappearance. if you have any information on any of their whereabouts then please call the police."

two images are now on the screen, one of me and one of tyler.

"w-what do we do ty?" i whisper.

"we have to go back." he replies.

i don't want to go back yet, but he's right. maybe our parents do care; someone obviously cares enough to report our disappearance to the police.

suddenly, we hear josh walk downstairs so i quickly pull away from tyler, remembering josh and i's kiss last night.

"hey guys, whats-" josh pauses when he sees the tv.

i turn around to look at him, he looks terrified.

"we need to pack." tyler says nonchalantly walking upstairs.

i copy his actions and sigh, not wanting to go back home so soon.

author's note

hey guys! thank you so much for reading! ily stay street
|-/